Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is just a reminder to all members, mostly new ones. It is your obligation when you sign up to read and understand the Forum rules. I’ve been seeing a lot of newer members bypassing the rules and ignoring them altogether. One of these rules I see ignored frequently is punctuation. It is your responsibility to ensure proper punctuation in each and every one of your posts. Some mistakes are expected. But your threads or posts should not be treated like your texting someone. It’s hard to understand and or help you when we don’t know where sentences start or end. Lastly, please pay close attention to the thread/post dates before replying. Frequently there are newer members replying to threads that are anywhere from 2 to 8 years old. These threads are deemed inactive. All this is clearly explained within the “Forum Rules”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
AJL just summed it all up. We spend a lot of time addressing these issues. It is not uncommon for us to read a post several times to determine what the member is attempting to say. We then do our best to edit the post, so the other members can have a clear idea what is going on. We often see posts that are a paragraph in length and do not contain a single punctuation mark. Periods and commas are our friends!

Old posts are another issue. Relatively new members resurrect posts that have been dormant for many years. The only reply that will come from digging up a stale post is one from a moderator reminding that member to read the rules .

Many thanks to the 99.9% of you that follow the rules 100% of the time!

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refresh: 2021-01-17

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Refresh 2021-02-13