Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys I’m a new guy and I just purchased a 2005 king quad 700. This bike has a few issues that I need to address. The first one seems to be an overheating problem. There is a light on the instrument panel that comes on, it has a symbol on it that looks like a thermometer and the letters Fl beside that symbol. I am assuming that this is a high temperature indicator. The first time it did it was right after I brought it home and after purchased it. I found the radiator very low on fluid. I filled the radiator yet it did it again after about 10 minutes of riding. I do believe it has a slight radiator leak somewhere, because when it gets hot I see steam rising up around the radiator. But I have not pinpointed the leak yet. But even with a slight leak the radiator level has not dropped to below normal yet. But the red light keeps coming on after a few minutes of riding. Can anyone help me out with figuring out why the red light keeps coming on. I will have other issues to deal with also but this is the most pressing one.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,700 Posts
Does your radiator fan kick on at all..? If it doesn’t, your bike will most likely throw a overheating light after about 5 to 10 minutes even with a topped up anti freeze lever. And the FI indicator your seeing beside your overheating light is the fuel injector light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Red light is for heat
FI is for fuel injection problem

·
Super Moderator
7,700 Posts
No, it’s as TC stated. Guess I should of clarified that some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a used Suzuki and it was low on antifreeze. It was fine after I filled it. Definitely check the fan. My fan kicks on constantly when it’s hot. Also, check the thermostat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Just received an owner manual I ordered. I found that there are the two icons on instrument panel that indicate heat or fuel injection. I guess the red light just indicates an issue with either and then the specific icon tells you which one. I filled the radiator and it hadn't happened again yet. But, I haven't ridden it much yet. Now if I can just figure out this darn issue with low range sputtering. This thing can get downright scary in high range, but it seems like the rev limiter is acting like reverse in low. Really puzzled on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts