Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 2000 king quad 300 about 2 months ago and it had some small issues, figured some simple fixes and hit the trails. It has al last 4K miles and after getting it stuck in a pretty deep mud hole it shut off. upon inspection realized the exhaust gasket where the exhaust meets the head is missing and now when I start it (after changing the oil of course) it leaks oil from the exhaust. Thinking piston rings are fried and it’s time for a rebuild. Any recommendations on a rebuild kit? I’m noticing parts for this fourwheeler are pretty scarce in the aftermarket department. So is it worth the rebuild or should I just trade it in?

·
Registered
92 Posts
100% worth a rebuild if all the drivetrain is in good shape. If your axles/cvs, u joints and tires and brakes are worn... then maybe sell it. Trade in will net you next to nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100% worth a rebuild if all the drivetrain is in good shape. If your axles/cvs, u joints and tires and brakes are worn... then maybe sell it. Trade in will net you next to nothing.
Trans and all are in great condition, does need tires and gonna convert the front brakes to disc in the near future. Found a place that does a “big bore” kit thinking of going that route.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Grab a stage 2 cam too... hotcams makes them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts