Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am looking at installing back up lights on my quad and I did find the group of wires in the back of the bike. There are four total. I believe three are power and one is ground. When checking with a test light, only one had power. Was hoping it was connected to the reverse switch, but , no. I removed the small storage box to the left ( only one phillips and 8 mm bolt) and this made it much easier to get to the group of wires which are enclosed in a rubber boot. Not sure why there is power to one wire, even tried with both lights on and no luck. I was really hoping that power wire was for reverse lights. Going to run a new harness with relay and switch. Why cant suzuki tell you what the wires are for in the manual? There for something to hook into. Very short as well. if you plan on using them, remove the storage box. it will save you some grief. I hope this helps.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I had a passenger seat put on my 750 earlier last summer. I’ll attach a pic below. The seat/cargo box has a tail light built into it. When I turn the lights on it comes on like a standard running light would. If I apply either the rear or front brakes it’ll work like a normal brake light would. Unfortunately I had the dealer install the seat. So he wired it up somehow I’m assuming to the wires you are talking about. However I can’t tell where the wiring leads to as it looks to lead under the rear plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts