Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Gang me again, I am putting a service kit together and wondering what you guys use
Engine oil
Differential oil
Brake pads (make)
Air filter (K&N or Uni)
Spark plug (NGK/DENSO)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first own atv that doesn't belong to the farm and gets treated like rubbish.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Sorry Gang me again, I am putting a service kit together and wondering what you guys use
Engine oil
Differential oil
Brake pads (make)
Air filter (K&N or Uni)
Spark plug (NGK/DENSO)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first own atv that doesn't belong to the farm and gets treated like rubbish.
You can’t go wrong with OE on mostly everything. As far as the air filter goes, UNI , or K&N will work fine. Just make sure whatever brand you use, stay with their cleaner and oil.

Absent of OE pads, EBC makes some great ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top skills 👌
Thanks again for being patient with me just want it to be right

·
Premium Member
2019 King Quad 750
133 Posts
engine oil - Rotella 15-40 T4 or T6
rear diff - Universal tractor fluid from oreillys
front diff - 85w 90( i think off the top of my head)
brake pads- only changed once bought off amazon
air filter- Twin Air, stock filter and UNI filter doesnt seal very well, never used a K&N so i dont know about that one.
spark plug- i think ngk or whatever Oreillys or advanced carry

I'm an hour plus away from a dealer but only 5 minutes from the parts store so thats why i use what i use. If your close to a dealer just go all OEM i suppose.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
engine oil - Rotella 15-40 T4 or T6
rear diff - Universal tractor fluid from oreillys
front diff - 85w 90( i think off the top of my head)
brake pads- only changed once bought off amazon
air filter- Twin Air, stock filter and UNI filter doesnt seal very well, never used a K&N so i dont know about that one.
spark plug- i think ngk or whatever Oreillys or advanced carry

I'm an hour plus away from a dealer but only 5 minutes from the parts store so thats why i use what i use. If your close to a dealer just go all OEM i suppose.
Plus one on the Rotella. It’s cheap and you can find it at Walmart. Just make sure has a
JASO-MA rating. I believe both the Rotella products that CubeKQ mentioned do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rotella t-6. I've heard the K&N works but not as good as the Twinn Air. IMHO Twinn air does seal well and they even gave me some grease to super seaI the bottom. But I found it not neccessary because the filter oil will work it's way to the bottom ensuring the seal. I have used Honda air filter cleaner and oil, basically the same as No-Toil product. Suzuki really screwed up with their early years paper Junk filter and caused many top end rebuilds. IMHO stay away from the Uni filter. For coolant, Engine Ice works but I use Coolanaol. Aftermarket brake pads give you choices for longevity, Rocky Mountain has some choices. I use the NGK CR6EIA-9 Iridium spark plug, check them out. Some stores don't want to break up a set of plugs to give you just one, Napa let me buy two. Napa also sells the exact relay for the fuel pump can't rember the # but you can take your oem to them and they will have it, big money saver there unless they changed it since 07.

I almost forgot. Get a set of Elka stage-3 shocks like I did if their on sale.

Oh I forgot. IMHO Wix oil filter #51359, it's the short one.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
There's quite a few choices when it comes to what type of engine oil you want to use. Main thing you want to make sure is that use the correct grade and type. What your mainly looking for is a motorcycle oil that is JASO-MA approved on the back of the bottle. If it's not JASO-MA approved I highly recommend staying away from it. I use Suzuki brand oils and filters. I've done this for years with my 2000 King Quad 300 and I've never had a issue with my bike. Obviously there are cheaper solutions, so use what you want but make sure it's the correct filter and type of oil for your bike. Front differential oil is typically a hypoid gear oil, 80/90. That's what it recommends for my 300 KQ, so it's most likely the same for your model atv. Though I'd double check just to be certain. As for the rear wet brake. I don't have much knowledge when it comes to that just yet. Though most recommend some type of tractor type oil. Not sure of the brand and whatnot. But I'll most likely stick to Suzuki brand oils. That being the engine, front diff, and rear wet brake. But that's me, use what you want and think is best.

As for brake pads, most everyone here over the years have recommended EBC brake pads. I believe they are bit more expensive. But you know the saying, you get what you pay for. A good high quality brake pad. Air filters are always a hot topic of debate. Some say don't use this and others say don't use that. I've used a K&N air filter in my 300 KQ for roughly 10 years and I've never had a issue. And I ride in some pretty dusty conditions. For my 750, I bought a UNI air filter. I bought this filter because most here highly recommended it. You can go UNI, Twin-Air, or K&N in my honest opinion. Though most would argue the K&N is not a ideal filter for real dusty conditions. Again, I've used a K&N air filter in 300 KQ for years and have never has a issue.. So this again is a personal preference. Though most typically lean towards the UNI or Twin-Air. As for spark plugs, I've always used NGK. I've swapped out my stock DENSO plug on my 300 KQ for a NGK. And over the years I've gradually replaced all my Champion spark plugs that some of my stuff came with to NGK. So everything I own now is all NGK except for whatever's currently in my 750. My Lawnmower, Lawn Tractor, Weed Whacker, Snowblower, Generator, My 2 Husqavarna Chainsaws, Boat Motors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine oil
Differential oil
Brake pads (make)
Air filter (K&N or Uni)
Spark plug (NGK/DENSO)

Front diff Valvoline 75w-90 full synthetic. Engine Rotella T-6 15w-40 Rear diff Mobilfluid 424

1 - 9 of 9 Posts