Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My foot break works fine for the rear wheels, however my left hand lever for the rear break is difficult to pull, almost that it’s pointless using it. Is it normal? Any ideas what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
What model/year Suzuki we talking about..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
What model..? You need to be as descriptive as possible so we have the necessary information to help you out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I’ve posted this in the KingQuad 300 forum so didn’t think I needed to put that? It’s a king quad 300 or also known as LTF300

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
The left handbrake and foot brake are connected together near the foot brake. They are both operated via cable that lead to a cam at the back of the rear drum. For the left handbrake you should be able to adjust the cable tension at the left handbrake or where they join at the foot brake. I’ve never had any issues where the left handbrake is tough to pull. Mine is the complete opposite, I can pull the left handbrake no matter the adjustment I make to it right to the bar and nothing happens. I only have rear brakes if I use the foot brake. And I have about 65% stopping power using the rear brakes when I do. The front brakes on my 300 are also drums. Though they are hydraulically operated and work really well. To the point I could literally lock them up and throw myself over the handlebars if I’m not careful.

·
Registered
1998 Quadrunner 500, 2003 Vinson 500, 2007 King Quad 450, 2012 King Quad 750, 2009 Grizzly 700
72 Posts
Have you tried putting some oil on any of the friction points, (where the brake leaver slides on the handle bars or the return spring that pulls the cable back again)
On my 2003 vinson the foot brake would get stuck down every time I pressed on it and it was really stiff. I put some oil on all the areas that pivoted and it worked like brand new again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While lubing all the points stated above, pull the hand lever as far as possible and shoot some lube on the cable. Do this a few times while also working it in and out. Eventually over time the lube will soak the whole cable all the way to the bottom. Might need to hit it a few times over the course of weeks or months to make sure there is enough lube inside to soak all the way through to the other end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts