Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
440 Posts
Have you ever thought about wrapping your full Jerry cans with a saran wrap to keep some of the dirt away from the nozzle?
That's a Good Idea, Thank's for that. I actually used them on my last trip and the mud had already dried and caked on. I spent a while trying to clean them off with my fingers and a rag ... and blowing on them .... to make sure no dirt was dropping in my tank. I also carry a funnel for easier filling. Sounds like you've had experience with this. Good Idea!

·
Administrator
9,802 Posts
Aj, you don't need to carry all that rope/straps with you, all you need is a small boat anchor. I use it here in the peat moss bogs where there is nothing to hook on to. A small axe or hatchet in the box to hammer it in and you are good to go.
I thought about using a anchor. Though I wasn’t quite sure on how well one would hold up, so I just carried a few tow straps. Good to know though. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: TBR

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's a Good Idea, Thank's for that. I actually used them on my last trip and the mud had already dried and caked on. I spent a while trying to clean them off with my fingers and a rag ... and blowing on them .... to make sure no dirt was dropping in my tank. I also carry a funnel for easier filling. Sounds like you've had experience with this. Good Idea!
I just saw the mud from the picture and thought, how could I keep it clean if it was me....lol
Glad you like my idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In the military more condoms were used on rifle barrels than for their designed, intended purpose.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I thought about using a anchor. Though I wasn’t quite sure on how well one would hold up, so I just carried a few tow straps. Good to know though. Thanks for the tip.
Look at Danforth Anchors. They are smaller and lighter weight than many others.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
440 Posts
Just got back from another Northern Maine trip. Only 3 days, but lots of beautiful weather and lots of miles. Here's a good spot with my buddies on Thursday. We've got a Honda, Can Am, the King, and a Polaris SxS.

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just got back from another Northern Maine trip. Only 3 days, but lots of beautiful weather and lots of miles. Here's a good spot with my buddies on Thursday. We've got a Honda, Can Am, the King, and a Polaris SxS.

View attachment 22354
That is my kind of scenery. Beautiful. Where In a northern Maine did you ride? I have been wanting to get up to NH, and perhaps Maine to try some trails.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
440 Posts
So on Wed, we did a Nice Loop. Sherman, up to Shin Pond, over to Island Falls, and down to Benedicta. That picture was taken in Patten, Maine. The big mountain to the left is Mt Katahdin. I think we did around 165 miles that day. The only drag was the trails were SO Dusty. Hasn't rained up there forever and Man! Had to really space out so we could even see. I just checked my new Twin Air air filter this morning. Gotta wash it later today. What a Blast Though!! Everyone was having a Great Time!

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
440 Posts
So trying to keep this thread going. Us folk that live in the Northern States have a limited riding season, but there's gotta be a lot of you guys that are still in the warmer climate areas that get to ride year round. Get some of your Trail Ride Pic's up here so all of us that live in the snow belt can drool and look forward to some spring riding!!

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Absolutely Pilot. This is a great thread and worthy of continuing.

Let’s see those pictures members!

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Some pictures have a back story that is actually more interesting than the picture, or adds a certain dimension to the picture.

When applicable, I attempted to capture that below each photo.

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant community

Natural landscape Road surface Plant Shade Sky

In the picture above, you have to zoom in and look real carefully on the trail ahead . You will see three deer running. There were actually four, but I was holding my cell phone and driving while snapping those pictures. I was only able to capture three at the most.

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Branch Road surface

Zooming in again on the picture above, you can see that the field now narrowed . There are two deer.

Plant Plant community Water Ecoregion Tree

The picture above does not do this brook justice. It is absolutely breathtaking. It meanders through the woods, babbles, winds, changes shape and is just beautiful. My friend that was riding with me when we discovered it was so taken back by this brook that I named it after him. This is now “Eric’s Brook”. This is not the first thing that has been named in honor of him, or his family. For those of you that are firearms aficionados, my friend Eric is Eric Rohrbaugh. He and his brother Karl are the designers and builders of the Rohrbaugh R9. They are also all around great guys.

Plant Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant Trunk

Above and below….. tough to capture through trees , down a cliff and from a distance, but this is a hidden waterfall that I photographed during a dry spell this summer. I need to revisit this after the snow melt has contributed to the flow.

Plant community Ecoregion Plant Natural landscape Branch

Plant Natural landscape Wood Bedrock Tree

Plant community Ecoregion Plant Natural landscape Water

Plant Natural landscape Wood Fluvial landforms of streams Watercourse

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

21 - 33 of 33 Posts