Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
212 Posts
Have you ever thought about wrapping your full Jerry cans with a saran wrap to keep some of the dirt away from the nozzle?
That's a Good Idea, Thank's for that. I actually used them on my last trip and the mud had already dried and caked on. I spent a while trying to clean them off with my fingers and a rag ... and blowing on them .... to make sure no dirt was dropping in my tank. I also carry a funnel for easier filling. Sounds like you've had experience with this. Good Idea!

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Aj, you don't need to carry all that rope/straps with you, all you need is a small boat anchor. I use it here in the peat moss bogs where there is nothing to hook on to. A small axe or hatchet in the box to hammer it in and you are good to go.
I thought about using a anchor. Though I wasn’t quite sure on how well one would hold up, so I just carried a few tow straps. Good to know though. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: TBR

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's a Good Idea, Thank's for that. I actually used them on my last trip and the mud had already dried and caked on. I spent a while trying to clean them off with my fingers and a rag ... and blowing on them .... to make sure no dirt was dropping in my tank. I also carry a funnel for easier filling. Sounds like you've had experience with this. Good Idea!
I just saw the mud from the picture and thought, how could I keep it clean if it was me....lol
Glad you like my idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In the military more condoms were used on rifle barrels than for their designed, intended purpose.

·
Super Moderator
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I thought about using a anchor. Though I wasn’t quite sure on how well one would hold up, so I just carried a few tow straps. Good to know though. Thanks for the tip.
Look at Danforth Anchors. They are smaller and lighter weight than many others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts