Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures were taken in North East Pennsylvania.

Most are from Union Dale, north to the Hancock NY border.
Sky Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Cloud
Water Plant Plant community Sky Tree
Water Plant Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Tree
Sky Ecoregion Mountain Natural landscape Plant
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Asphalt
Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Grass
Plant Water Sky Natural landscape Larch
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Road surface
Cloud Plant Sky Highland Natural landscape
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Highland

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
Nice! Looks like September Foliage in those last 2 pics. We were out riding around in western mass last weekend on the motorcycles and I couldn't believe all the early foliage starting (well it is almost October). Time to get the sled ready. Great pics, but you don't have your bike in any of them. :) I cant take a scenic picture without getting the machine in the frame somewhere. This one was in Arroostook County, Maine in August this year.

Tire Plant Wheel Tank Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. Some of those pictures were from last fall.
I will post new pictures with foliage changes soon.

Here are a couple with the machines in them.

The top picture was taken from my 2020 KQ 750. That is part of the Vinson which I recently sold. The second picture is the 2009 KQ 750 in the foreground with my son . In the background is my 2020 KQ 750.

Plant Tire Wheel Sky Cloud
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
A couple shots from this past weekend up in the County. Weather was Mint the whole time we were there and the foliage was amazing this year! I raced my buddy on his Rincon. I took him off the line but we were pretty even for about 400 feet. :) We rode about 210 miles in 3 days .... had to spend time getting the cabin ready for the winter.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple shots from this past weekend up in the County. Weather was Mint the whole time we were there and the foliage was amazing this year! I raced my buddy on his Rincon. I took him off the line but we were pretty even for about 400 feet. :) We rode about 210 miles in 3 days .... had to spend time getting the cabin ready for the winter.
Nice pictures. I just got back from NE Pennsylvania. Saturdays weather was beautiful. Unfortunately, we were too busy riding and having a blast to take pictures. We did 165 miles on Saturday.

Sadly, it’s the last trip of the season for me. It’s also the last trip for the 2009. That’s getting sold.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
Ya, could possibly be the last atv trip of the year .... that is sad .... but, hopefully, I can keep my fix going thru the winter with the snowmobile! The atv trails up north close after the first snow, and don't re-open until after the end of mud season, usually the end of May.

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, could possibly be the last atv trip of the year .... that is sad .... but, hopefully, I can keep my fix going thru the winter with the snowmobile! The atv trails up north close after the first snow, and don't re-open until after the end of mud season, usually the end of May.
I have made the decision to buy a UTV. Too many missed opportunities to ride due to rain, a cold late spring, or a cold early fall. Having a windshield in front and back of me and the potential for full doors and heat will be a game changer. Most of the trails I ride in PA open in April and close in November. It will be nice to get some extra time on the trails.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
Well, That's Cool! That should be Fun. It's comfort time for sure. The "Old Man's" 4-wheeler :) If I got one, not only would I need a new trailer, but I'd need a new Garage! I have absolutely no room left for any more machines. Keep us Posted!

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well ... not a trail ride but having fun plowing snow!!

Just saw these today, some five months after you posted them. I came here to post some pictures of the new machine and stumbled on them. Snow can be beautiful. At least the first snow of the season. Then we all get sick of it. Lol.

I bought this to deal with the snow. Tired of monkeying around with a small blower on a big driveway.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
Nice Pics! I bet your diggin the new machine. I just got back from a trip up north. Rode thru Stacyville, Sherman, Bennidicta, Patten, Crystal, Shin Pond and Island Falls Maine. The local clubs have done an early Great Job with trail maintenance and signage ... as well as 2 new trails (1 still under construction). I had 1 day of pouring rain but then 3 straight days of Shinning Sun. First pic is from the front door of my cabin ... exactly 4 months to the day. Talk about 2 different worlds!

Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Snow Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Administrator
9,435 Posts
Wife and I got in a little over heads today. Did some nice trail riding till I ventured into no man’s land. 30 ft of straps, a 6 foot tree strap, and 50ft of winch cable and I was still literally missing 4ft to the hydro tower. Thought I was so screwed right there. But I managed to find a small tree to the left of my bike. Still needed all three straps but the small tree held up and saved our bacon today. Now I remember why I don’t like mudding, lol.

Plant Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Water Sky Cloud Plant Ecoregion

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
215 Posts
Glad you were able to get out. I havnt been stuck yet, but have all the proper equipment, as you do, just in case. If you're by yourself, which I am a lot, its a necessity. Good Job!

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Pics! I bet your diggin the new machine. I just got back from a trip up north. Rode thru Stacyville, Sherman, Bennidicta, Patten, Crystal, Shin Pond and Island Falls Maine. The local clubs have done an early Great Job with trail maintenance and signage ... as well as 2 new trails (1 still under construction). I had 1 day of pouring rain but then 3 straight days of Shinning Sun. First pic is from the front door of my cabin ... exactly 4 months to the day. Talk about 2 different worlds!
Beautiful scenery. Love those mountains in the distance!

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wife and I got in a little over heads today. Did some nice trail riding till I ventured into no man’s land. 30 ft of straps, a 6 foot tree strap, and 50ft of winch cable and I was still literally missing 4ft to the hydro tower. Thought I was so screwed right there. But I managed to find a small tree to the left of my bike. Still needed all three straps but the small tree held up and saved our bacon today. Now I remember why I don’t like mudding, lol.

Well, you could have called me! Lol

Glad you got out. That could have been real bad.

·
Administrator
9,435 Posts
Would of been there overnight and all day the next day if I had called you, lol. Wife said it was a adventure. I personally didn’t like that part of the adventure. A 700+ lb atv stuck in the mud with a 156 lb man trying to get it out. Where most can use their body weight to rock their atv side to side, I’m not a big enough person to shift my weight like that. I’ve also got health issues, so when things like this happen and I don’t have many winch points to hook up to, I start to go into panic mode. I was just glad for the extra tow straps. And for that one small tree that was my only true anchor point. Pays to be prepared that’s for sure.

Anyhow, I never want a repeat of that again. I had so much length between the tow straps and the winch cable that I stopped the winch a few times for about 30 seconds cause I didn’t want to overheat the winch motor. And I just broke out the pressure washer after work today. Took me a good 30 minutes to get most of that much and grass out of all the nooks and crannies. Already sourced a 30 ft long tow strap off of Amazon to add to my recovery kit that I’ll end up most likely purchasing soon. You know, just incase I encounter a similar scenario. Come to think of it, I never really finished completing a recovery/safety kit for my 750. The straps I took from my 300. Only recovery items I have in my 300 is one 20 ft tow strap and a 15 ft chain.

·
Super Moderator
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got in the habit of carrying crazy amounts of line. I recently abandoned that when I realized I don't have two machines and a total of four boxes.

I just added a bow box to the roof of the Can Am for more storage. It is tough to pack what I like carry on the one rear cargo box. That is despite the fact I bought the largest box Can Am makes for this thing. There is a little room in the glove box and some room under the seats. Not enough.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Aj, you don't need to carry all that rope/straps with you, all you need is a small boat anchor. I use it here in the peat moss bogs where there is nothing to hook on to. A small axe or hatchet in the box to hammer it in and you are good to go.

·
Registered
274 Posts

View attachment 22214

View attachment 22215

View attachment 22216
Have you ever thought about wrapping your full Jerry cans with a saran wrap to keep some of the dirt away from the nozzle?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts