Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran before i put new stator and voltage reg. on .... It ran before but wasnt charging.. Now all new **** and no spark. Any body know where to look?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you install a Caltric stator? There is nothing wrong with the stator itself, but the spark pickups on these units are too short and thus too far away from the magneto.

I had to oval out the holes to get the pickup to sit about .05-.10" closer to the mag.

You can also put the stock spark pickup back on with the new stator... just requires de-looming and re-looming the harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install a Caltric stator? There is nothing wrong with the stator itself, but the spark pickups on these units are too short and thus too far away from the magneto.

I had to oval out the holes to get the pickup to sit about .05-.10" closer to the mag.

You can also put the stock spark pickup back on with the new stator... just requires de-looming and re-looming the harness.
Yes its caltric.im gonna try that in a few . makes since cause im getting very small vdc ou the pig tail. Plus tge bikes FI so far i hate them lol

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mikey. I’m glad Dan offered some advice. Hopefully that gets you rolling.

That’s what makes this place great. Members helping members.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea and i made post last night and got me some info pretty quick .. That was nice !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do.. I got a couple suzuki atvs out here that throwing fits.. I got a kq700 that has spark and fuel but wont start.. Wants to hit but still a no go. Its also throwing no codes

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently got a Caltric stator for an Lta 50cc Quadsport and I don't have spark unless I spin it with a drill. I am going to oblong my stator holes as you suggested for Mikey to do. Hope it works. Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts