Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2005 Suzuki king quad 700 it has 275.2 hours on it and 1640 miles is that low or high and how much would I be able to sell it for do you think

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
275.2 hours and 1640 Mi (2640 Km) is not a lot. What your thinking of asking all rests on a couple things. Mileage and condition. With condition your looking at things like: Tires, cracked or faded body panels, has the atv been swamped, etc. Other things include repairs that it may need. Things like: Suspension components, brakes, etc. One big factor is overall performance. Does the bike run and shift through all the gears with no issues. These would be the main things that you’d need to take into consideration when coming up with a value price.

Mileage/Hours is another big factor. Only having a 1640 Mi (2640 Km) is not a lot. If the bike has been garage kept for most of it’s life and it looks pretty much mint. I would say you could probably fetch anywhere between $3000 - $4500 for it. I know you use to be able to get a estimated value price on Kelly Blue Book many years ago. But I’m not sure if that method is available anymore. Though it wouldn’t hurt to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to Kbb.com. A 2005 700 KQ in good condition has an estimated trade value of $2,565, and a typical listing price of 3,750.

Thanks so much it runs like a dream I rode it today and I’ve never had issues with it and I did a tune up in December all fluid replaced and filters also new plug. It’s a lil faded but it’s been outside but the seat was reupholstered last year and it has the wench and cargo basket

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Thanks so much it runs like a dream I rode it today and I’ve never had issues with it and I did a tune up in December all fluid replaced and filters also new plug. It’s a lil faded but it’s been outside but the seat was reupholstered last year and it has the wench and cargo basket
I can’t see any reason why you couldn’t get the Kbb typical listed price of $3,750. Or someplace around that price. Seems like you’ve taken good care of it over the years which is another bonus.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Hi I have a 2005 Suzuki king quad 700 it has 275.2 hours on it and 1640 miles is that low or high and how much would I be able to sell it for do you think
Another thing to factor in is regional pricing which is very important during the pandemic. I am not sure if this is as much of a consideration where AJL719 is from as it is where I am.

I typically buy used ATVs. People buy new units with the intention of using them every weekend and learn that they need to drive hours to a place to actually be legal to ride. They sell them dirt cheap with little, or no mileage. Last year the market dried up for used and new ATVs in the New York area. Everything was selling for crazy money and nothing was left. I drove out of state to New Hampshire to buy a machine. The pandemic created this situation. I am not sure if it has the same effect where you are, or if the effect is still as strong.

Check your local market values. Price high and then negotiate down if necessary. I sold a spare ATV for much more money than I paid for it after putting thousands of miles on it. I could have gotten more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts