Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a 2003 suzuki ltz 400 and after summer ended I put my quad in storage meaning I drained all the gas and ran the quad until it didn't run. The other day I went to start it up and it idled perfectly so I let it warm up and I gave it some throttle. At about half throttle it sounded healthy but after half it would sputter but not stall. So my first diagnosis was a dirty carb. I cleaned every jet and screw, that didn't fix it. So then I replaced the spark plug and ignition coil. and it still runs the same. Not noticeable difference. What could be next that I could try? Also when I went to start it my neutral light went out. Its not the bulb because I put a new one in. What could the issue be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, i have a 2003 suzuki ltz 400 and after summer ended I put my quad in storage meaning I drained all the gas and ran the quad until it didn't run. The other day I went to start it up and it idled perfectly so I let it warm up and I gave it some throttle. At about half throttle it sounded healthy but after half it would sputter but not stall. So my first diagnosis was a dirty carb. I cleaned every jet and screw, that didn't fix it. So then I replaced the spark plug and ignition coil. and it still runs the same. Not noticeable difference. What could be next that I could try? Also when I went to start it my neutral light went out. Its not the bulb because I put a new one in. What could the issue be?
also I forgot to add, when the quad is in motion and I rev it. it revs almost perfectly fine. its when I come to a stop does it bog down

1 - 2 of 2 Posts