Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Here is a picture of one of the mud flaps on my quad, before I did any renovation work on the quad, some 5 years ago. My first question is this, is this original, or wouldn't there even have been any, and this is actually after market? There appears to be no specific detail about it in my manual, and this may well have been done to it by a prior owner, but I have no way to confirm.

Having made some much larger mud flaps, from a similar thickness rubber, during the above mentioned renovation, to better protect the passengers on my trailer, who sit right behind the quad, I mounted them in the same way as these questionable originals? My replacements have now begun to fail, albeit 5 years after the original mod, at the screw holes and I wondered, might it not be better to sandwich the rubber between the green and black plastic? This would seem, to me, to remove the direct screw pressure from the rubber, and give me longer life. By being pinned between the two pieces of plastic, I figured there would be a lot of plastic grip area, rather than just relying on the screw heads.

I've made new again, from the remaining rubber sheet I had, and would be pleased if you would let me know your thoughts. I'll check back in tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Thanks.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Cheers

Sutty

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't like how they fitted, or hung, when sandwiched between the layers, so had to go with outside, as it was when I originally got it. It did have an overall nicer appearance, but it stopped the plastic closing together correctly, and they hung too close to the tyres, so it had to be outside. See below for the end result, of my oversized mud flaps, for extra protection for my passengers on the trailer. Overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Cheers

Sutty

· Administrator
10,072 Posts
Like the addition of the mudflaps at the back. Looks kinda sweet.

Reactions: Foot0069 and sutty
1 - 4 of 4 Posts