Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Quadrunner 500 that my dad bought new back in 99 and I recently purchased it from him. It is pretty much stock the way it rolled out of the dealership 15 years ago. It's a backup/beater/chores around the house rig. I've been having fun with it because it actually makes me have to work to get over obstacles or through mud.

BUT through years of driving IRS bikes and RZRs (I have a RZR 1000 as my main ride) I've grown to be a smooth ride loving wuss and this thing is not smooth lol. Are there any shocks from other ATVs that will bolt right up and provide me with a little more travel and maybe lift? I can get my hands on a set of Brute Force shocks for cheap but I don't know if they fit or if there are better (cheap) options. I know I wont ever get up to the 1K ride quality but if I could get it to stop bucking when I hit a little bump going 15mph that would be great.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the issue is the short A-arms. You just don't gain much from shock/spring changes on these machines.

Older vs newer: Older ATVs relied more on the softness of the tires than the shocks and springs. Newer ones rely on shocks and springs for the comfort.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
The only way to gain clearance would be to install a lift kit if there are any available for your model atv. I know on my '00 300 KQ there are no lift kits available for it. Might be the same scenario for your 500 Quadrunner. Beyond that, shocks won't raise your ride height much as Bear pointed out.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Thank you for sharing that info. I’m sure our members will find that helpful. But I’d also like to point out that this thread is from 2014, (8 Years Old). These types of threads are considered dormant/inactive for reasons. Those reasons and everything else pertaining to the Forum can all be found within the Forum Rules. In the future we highly encourage you to create your own threads any atv related questions or information you may have. And welcome to the Forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts