Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
125 Posts
No, it didn't work. It might have, but not with any of the bits it came with.
What I ended up doing was loosening the clamps and twisting the carburetor as far as I could without disconnecting anything, which sounds easier than it was. It took a bit of time, and I had to disconnect the snorkel, the white piece that goes from the air box up to where the reverse and range lovers are, and one of the screws was still hitting a cable so I had to lever that out of the waywith a screwdriver. I was just barely able to get it turned far enough to use this little guy on the left here, err, I guess top how the picture got aligned, which I have next to the smallest bit that came with the little ratchet tool. I made my adjustment, turning it out another half turn for a total of just over two and a half turns out. Which in my case seems to have done it at idles and revs perfectly which is more than it's ever done. (I cleaned the carburetor and replaced gaskets already)

Later I found a bit that size that fits the ratchet tool, so if I need to adjust that again I'll try that without loosening it, but I don't have to have high hopes for that, it may work but seems it will be a huge pain in the butt, engine is too hot to try again right now...

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
125 Posts
Knowing what I know now, I think I would buy this if I were looking to do it, then you could just loosen the clamps and hopefully use the flex attachment.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts