Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first Suzuki today and it has a few problems. #1 problem is the right rear axle the seal is leaking around where it goes into the diff how hard is this to replace? Also I cant find a dip stick to check the oil? Last question I got is what is the piece that covers the battery called?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok found the the seeing window for the oil thank god I didn't run it but for like 30 seconds! The window is empty but I can see a little oil threw the fill spot so hopefully I didn't do any damage. I need to get that seal for sure but im having no luck looking on ebay.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Replacing that seal is mostly time consuming since you have to take off everything else first.

Remove the wheel, hub, and axel and then, according to Suzuki's service manual, you need a special C shaped wedge device to pop it off.

Suzuki calls the battery cover "Fender Center" 53118-19B00

What year is that one? I've got the 1990.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! I have no idea on year been looking for a tag and or a serial # but couldn't find anything. Is the special c wedge necessary or could I get away without it?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
And the VIN number is on the back left frame upright. Should be a stamped plate welding onto the frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and they list a lt-4wd quadrunner and a lt-F250 quadrunner whats the difference between the two? If im correct the lt-4wd is what I have and the lt-250 is the 2wd version?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok while looking at parts I see they list two different versions for different model letters here is my serial # does anyone know which I have?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help guys this is the first ATV I've owned so wasn't really sure, I'll get some parts ordered tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Some sites (Dennis Kirk for example) list CV boots for the front and back. The only boots on the back are axel boots, which are much smaller. Pay attention to the microfiche online and get the proper parts.

I've not been disappointed with denniskirk or partzilla. partzilla.com has OEM parts, you just need to know the part number to be sure you're getting the right thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK I will make sure to pay attention. Also I was messing around with it yesterday and it went into superlow no problem now I cant get it in,does it help to have the engine running to shift them?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just shake it forward and backwards a little. Gears for the high, low, extra low and 2WD, 4WD, and diff lock are not synchronized so they can be "between teeth".

Also, I don't think you can go into certain gears with the levers unless it is in certain positions. For example, I don' think you can go into diff-lock unless it is in Low or Extra Low. Not really positive about the different combinations, but it is something like that.

I really should get an owners manual for this. ha ha. It would tell me things like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did any of these come without electric start because look at this picture im confused. There's no bolt holes and it all looks machined that way.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
the bolts are not up near where it connects to the motor. The bolts would go on the back of the starter, which is about 6" back from the hole.

To me, it looks like someone put a plug in them. No where in the service manual does it say "If equipped" when talking about the electric start. I don't really know, but I know people did take it off.

Is there a button on the left hand grip?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya there's a button and solenoid, after looking I see what happened they snapped a starter bolt so just plugged it. This parts list is becoming big lol

1 - 20 of 75 Posts