Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Quadmaster 500 that I bought from an customer of mine. Barely has 400 miles on it. It sat for 2 years, drained the tank during that time. Moved to Florida, all excited to drive on the property we bought and it runs about 4-5 minutes and stops. Starts fine the first time, barely starts after it quits. Hard to start.

I opened up the air filter and found it was totally broken down into mush. The air filter box has some oil in it. Clean looking oil. I replaced the air filter and it does the same thing. After running it for a while, it will quit and hard to restart or keep running. I don't know where the oil is coming from.

Granted, it's 22 years old and only has 400 miles, so I'm sure there are some seals that are rotted away. I can't find a place to service it, because of it's age. I'm in the Gainesville Florida area. Local place said No, so I'm back to trying to figure out what's wrong.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
How’s the oil level..? Other thought is possibly a blocked vent line. Not quite sure on this. Maybe somebody else will chime in and offer up their thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts