Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am beginning to hate this thing. I thought I had it right. But, it bogs for the first bit off of idle, then it is fine. It was not bogging yesterday, but it bogs now. Adjusting the mixture screw seems to have no effect on it. I have no idea what could be causing the hesitation. And.......despite taking it back out and checking the float and needle, it still dribbles after about 1-2 min after shut down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I believe this is a carb issue. But..... I just did a compression test and it is only 120 psi warmed up with the throttle pegged. That is not what the book calls for. The quad idles great, but has low speed issues. It runs fine from mid to high rpm. But, at low rpm is does not respond and then with a little more throttle it wakes up and lurches forward.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I give up and the "All Balls" racing kit is going back to Amazon. The float needles are visibly different. The spring in the center is longer on the oem. It is also wider. The float is not in the same adjustment range with both needles. I cannot get this thing to stop leaking or run properly with this kit. Everything Suzuki is going back in and I am forced to pay the ridiculous $50 for the Suzuki needle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would just like to update, so as to help the next poor bastard. I ended up putting ALL of the factory suzuki parts back in, except o-rings. The needles, jets, springs, etc....I ended up purchasing a $50 factory Suzuki float needle. The end result is that the quad now runs again and does NOT leak from the float drain. If I had to do it again, I would go with keeping all the factory parts and just get new o-rings and float needle if it leaks. I don't think I will be using anymore rebuild kits. The float needles looked slightly different and that may be all it took.

·
Registered
2020 KingQuad 750
168 Posts
Good Deal that you got it sorted. The one major thing I have seen on this group since I joined a year ago is that the total majority consensus on Suzuki Carbs is use OEM whenever possible.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts