Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my quad master 500 for a while now and have noticed its not very popular an parts are hard to come by or pretty expensive. I recently broke my rear driveshafts front universal joint. It doesn’t look like a normal u joint. Its circular an has 4 bolts holding to the output shaft of the gearbox and it slips on the driveshaft on the other end of it. Is there a rebuild kit for it? Does anyone know the actual name of it? Is there parts form another model that will fit? Ive only found one used one for $189 and one new one for $400. Trying to save as much as possible on this so any help would be appreciated.
Camera accessory Wood Cameras & optics Film camera Camera lens

Wood Automotive tire Flooring Hardwood Auto part

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks like some type of low angle CV joint. When i was young i remember a friends dad rebuilding front CV shafts on a friends ATV by putting new balls in it because new CV shafts were over $300 a piece.

I have never done it and i have never looked for individual ball bearings to do it. And if the wear is bad enough the joint cup could be worn and the cage that holds the balls could be busted. But since your dealing with an old machine you may just have to take it apart and see whats broken and it can be salvaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts