Suzuki ATV Forum banner

Pulled a LT125 out of the woods and trying to get spark..

Tags
lt125
1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  NickjDrew 
#1 ·
I'm not a good mechanic at all so I would like some help, Not getting spark out of the coil so I pulled a coil off another atv to test that I knows works and still nothing, When I disconnected the Positive on the coil I get zapped. So I'm thinking some electrical issue? Maybe CDI? I Checked the grounds and and wires to make sure everything is connected. One thing I'm concerned about is I don't know if lt125's have keys cause there looks to be a hole missing out of the dash piece like a ignition switch was there but I don't see any disconnected wires? Thanks, Nick.

#2 ·
You’d have to post up the Vin# to know exactly what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Pulled the starter recoil off and realized the blue wire (Pickup coil wire) wasnt got disconnected.. I cleaned the inside of the magneto housing and for testing put the end of the blue wire under the bolt and tightened it on the pickup coil and still no start.

#6 ·
Based on your vin# your LT125 is a ‘87. I’m also not very knowledgeable when it comes to heavy electrical issues. Hopefully someone else will chime in and offer up a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.