Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only rode Honda's and I've always had power steering since it's been available. The transmission went out on my 2020 Honda Rubicon and it was gonna be pricey to fix it so I sold it to my dealer. They didn't have anything coming in that I was interested in so I called around and found a Suzuki KingQuad 750 with power steering. Went the next day and got it

I like everything about it except the power steering, or lack of power steering. I first thought it wasn't working at all but it is working. What I don't know is if it's working right or not.

My cousin has a 2013 KingQuad 750 without power steering. His steers easier than mine but he has different tires

So my question is, to those that have rode both Honda's and Suzuki, is what I'm seeing normal?

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
I've only rode Honda's and I've always had power steering since it's been available. The transmission went out on my 2020 Honda Rubicon and it was gonna be pricey to fix it so I sold it to my dealer. They didn't have anything coming in that I was interested in so I called around and found a Suzuki KingQuad 750 with power steering. Went the next day and got it

I like everything about it except the power steering, or lack of power steering. I first thought it wasn't working at all but it is working. What I don't know is if it's working right or not.

My cousin has a 2013 KingQuad 750 without power steering. His steers easier than mine but he has different tires

So my question is, to those that have rode both Honda's and Suzuki, is what I'm seeing normal?
Welcome to the forum.

Power steering on a KQ750 is not designed to make the steering super easy. It’s complicated, but here is how it goes. Power steering models are built with a different caster angle than non power steering models. The power steering is designed to offset the steering effort needed, because of difference in the caster angle, not really to make it easier to steer than a non PS model.

The benefit of the PS , over the non PS is that it is more stable on really rough terrain at higher speeds.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it does. Just trying to figure out if I need to take it back to the dealer. Sounds like it's working like it's supposed to

I really miss my Honda now though

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
Is there any way to turn it up?
No, it’s not adjustable. Do you know of anyone with the same machine ? Maybe you could swap rides for a mile or so? Otherwise, it’s a trip to the dealer to verify all is good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know anybody that has one.

I pulled the power steering fuse and it was VERY HARD to steer then so I know it is working. Already talked to the dealer and they said bring it back but I'm starting to think nothing is wrong with it, just not what I'm used to

We still have 2 Honda Ranchers on the farm. I had to ride one of them a couple days ago. Felt like the handlebars wasn't even hooked to anything

My cousin has a 2013 KingQuad without power steering and he has Radial tires. Gonna try his radials on mine to see if that makes a difference. His is very easy to steer

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
Don't know anybody that has one.

I pulled the power steering fuse and it was VERY HARD to steer then so I know it is working. Already talked to the dealer and they said bring it back but I'm starting to think nothing is wrong with it, just not what I'm used to

We still have 2 Honda Ranchers on the farm. I had to ride one of them a couple days ago. Felt like the handlebars wasn't even hooked to anything

My cousin has a 2013 KingQuad without power steering and he has Radial tires. Gonna try his radials on mine to see if that makes a difference. His is very easy to steer
Radials make a big difference in handling. I took the OE bias tires off my 2020 KQ750 with 2 miles on them and upgraded to the HTRs. I am Using them on both my KQ750’s now. Prior to that I was using the Black Diamonds. The non radials feel like they are folding under when you take a curve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sprayed fences with mine last week. Didn't check my mileage the fiist day but put 28 miles on it the second day. I did a field that's 6 miles from my house so 12 miles of that was road miles. By the third day my right arm was sore from holding the gun with my left and driving with my right. That never happened with a Honda.

Maybe this is a sign that I'm getting old and need a good workout 😀

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
I sprayed fences with mine last week. Didn't check my mileage the fiist day but put 28 miles on it the second day. I did a field that's 6 miles from my house so 12 miles of that was road miles. By the third day my right arm was sore from holding the gun with my left and driving with my right. That never happened with a Honda.

Maybe this is a sign that I'm getting old and need a good workout 😀
I am no spring chicken. I ride my 2020 KQ750 over 100 miles a day on just about every trip. Before that I did the same with my 2009 KQ750 and my Vinson 500. Never had that experience of feeling sore.

Can you lift the front end in the air and try steering it with no weight on the wheels? Verify that nothing is hanging up. That steering should “float” with the fuse in and probably out offer mild resistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts