Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 king quad 750axi. I went for a ride the other day and as I was headed out of the trail I began to have steering issues. Between 8-14mph my steering wheel would jerk to the left. I took a look and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I took it to the local dealer, and after they looked at it for 2 hours and charged $250, they called me with the bad news. I was told the power steering was going bad and it would cost over $2800 ($2000 just for parts) to repair it. Does this sound right? If so is there a way to disconnect the power steering and just use the quad without it?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Sounds fishy to me.

But looking at the online parts list, the whole assembly is $2031. Ridiculous considering that would be about 1/3 the price of the machine.

You should be able to just pull the fuse out and see if the issue is electrical or not. Meaning, pull the fuse, take it for a ride, if it still does it, then the problem is not the PS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to check it this weekend. It makes sense about the fuse. I spoke to another dealer who said they have never had this issue on a king quad and it seems strange. They told me to check the bottom of the unit for a pinch bolt, said maybe it came loose during my ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts