Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2010 750 King quad that is giving me some starting issues when warm or hot it starts good cold but when starting hot or warm I have to give it a little bit of throttle for it to start. There is no codes and TPS is sitting at -COO Have put a new fuel pump spark plug and air filter in still the same

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Hello I have a 2010 750 King quad that is giving me some starting issues when warm or hot it starts good cold but when starting hot or warm I have to give it a little bit of throttle for it to start. There is no codes and TPS is sitting at -COO Have put a new fuel pump spark plug and air filter in still the same
Welcome to the forum.

When you are trying to start, do you insert the key and go directly to crank? Or do you insert the key, turn it on, wait ten seconds, or so and then crank?

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I wait more than 15 seconds
It sounds like you have done most of the steps to solve the problem.

How many miles / hours on the machine? What altitude and temperature range are you operating it within?

Have you used a good fuel injector cleaner since this problem started?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Try a throttle body cleaner. Start and run engine at higher rpm and spray into throttle body three or four times just a little bit at a time like every ten seconds for two reps. Engine will bog just a little that's ok.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There is an IAT sensor probe in the air box that governs the temp to the sensor/ecu. Check the wire diagram for that and to see where it is, I don't remember.
My air box is wrapped/covered with adhesive aluminum heat barrier to lower the heat in the air box. You can learn more about this at nyrocatv.com under tec tip air filter/air box 101.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try running it with the air cleaner off and see if you have the same issues. I had similar issues and tracked it down to an aftermarket air cleaner not providing enough flow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks I have installed a new filter INU and still the same
No, try without any filter installed and see if it still fails. Mine would stumble with the filter installed but immediately ran fine when I removed it. I was then able to determine the type of filter was causing the issue and contacted the filter manufacturer. They had a solution for the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, try without any filter installed and see if it still fails. Mine would stumble with the filter installed but immediately ran fine when I removed it. I was then able to determine the type of filter was causing the issue and contacted the filter manufacturer. They had a solution for the issue.
Yes you are right does start fine with no filter

·
Registered
18 Posts
You now say oil filter ?
NoToil make air filters that are foam and you add a special oil to the foam. They work really well in dusty conditions. NoToil provides a detergent to clean and rinse the dirty filter, then you re-oil it with their special oil and reinstall. They filter better than plain paper filters. You don't throw anything away like with paper filters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NoToil make air filters that are foam and you add a special oil to the foam. They work really well in dusty conditions. NoToil provides a detergent to clean and rinse the dirty filter, then you re-oil it with their special oil and reinstall. They filter better than plain paper filters. You don't throw anything away like with paper filters.
My new one is a foam UNI filter that takes the oil and can be cleaned

·
Registered
18 Posts
My new one is a foam UNI filter that takes the oil and can be cleaned
Does it use the Suzuki bail to mount with the plate screwed on top? ( I'm going from memory as I dealt with this a couple years ago.) The problem I ran into was the hold down plate on top of the filter blocked full air flow to the new filter. I removed the plate and just installed the outside outside cover and it ran fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does it use the Suzuki bail to mount with the plate screwed on top? ( I'm going from memory as I dealt with this a couple years ago.) The problem I ran into was the hold down plate on top of the filter blocked full air flow to the new filter. I removed the plate and just installed the outside outside cover and it ran fine.
This filter fits just like OEM comes complete and mounts the same as stock one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts