Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about plows or plowing options,so what does the 250 have in terms of options? It's either I put one on this or the mini truck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's a small quad to plow with... a friend of mine has a plow on a KQ 300 but he has super low and low range... he plows slow but is nearly unstoppable with chains on all 4 tires.. is yours a 4 wheel drive? How much snow do you get and how long is the driveway? all considerations!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a small quad to plow with... a friend of mine has a plow on a KQ 300 but he has super low and low range... he plows slow but is nearly unstoppable with chains on all 4 tires.. is yours a 4 wheel drive? How much snow do you get and how long is the driveway? all considerations!
Mine has super low and diff lock as well. The driveway is probably 50-60 yards long. Gravel though so I know that's already a slight issue. But even getting a big snow down to a few inches would be helpful. I know itd have to be a slow go of things but I'd like to un bury my wife's car from the garage in case of a snow of 4+ inches.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like you'll be OK...make sure the plow is wide enuf to clear the wheel path when angled to the side so you don't drive in snow...rather in the cleared area...don't buy more width than needed though since your quad is still pretty small... Probably a 50" would do it, maybe even a 48".

I have a 60" county style Moose plow on my 700 cc King Quad and in deep or heavy snow the plow will move the front end, even in diff lock with chains... otherwise the 60" is OK...I tried a 72" with the KQ and it was waaaaaaaaay too much plow...I couldn't steer it in deep snow... its more suited to a big UTV

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a specific mount needed for every different atv or will a universal one work? Also do you need a winch to operate the plow?

·
Registered
205 Posts
each plow manufacturer makes a bolt on (U bolts usually) steel plate that attaches the arms that connect the plow to the atv frame... if they don't make one for your application you'll need a universal plate that can be drilled and adapted to your machine...its a bit of work but can work for you....best to check with a atv accessory supplier. If you have a rear trailer hitch there are systems that attach there as well.... and YES... a winch is a HUGE bonus... some plows come with a manual lift but I have no experience with them.

here is the Moose manual lift on one of their plows...

you need

1- mounting plate,
2- arms (in the case of pic its the manual lift system built onto the arms)
3- plow

costco sells ATV plow systems as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is my 60" Moose County plow... a friend was driving (up that hill in the background is another 1/4 of driveway... my driveway has 4 parking areas and 3 extensions to it)......video is from 2011...it was April and most of the snow had melted or slumped...it was like pushing wet concrete...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Every year i mount the cheap manual lift plow on the front of my qr250 4x4, put chains on all four, and smile away while clearing the long uphill driveway. So much more fun and quicker than a snowblower. I don’t like the way the springs on the plow blade allow it to bend forward when it feels like it’s working too hard so I usually connect my winch hook to the top of the blade, just tight enough to keep blade from rotating. Locks it in place. Then start ramming snow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I posted a video not long ago with me plowing with my 300 KQ, I use a 50" Tusk City Slicker (it's old, probably mid 90's, early 2000's) universal plow, and a "Warn" plow mount for a 2001 King Quad, which fits my 1995 King Quad perfectly.

I was able to find both used, for a total of $120... then found a BullDog winch mount online for $50, and a Tractor-Supply Traveler 2500lb winch for $80 with a coupon. Pretty cheap plow setup but it works!

The 300 plows snow like it's not even there... even heavy stuff, even with no chains. I didn't even have to use super-low range... low range 4wd open works perfectly. IF you want to bust up a snow-bank or climb over one... then sure, 4WD Super Low, Diff Lock, and get a run at it in 3rd gear. You'll push anything over.

[ame]https://youtu.be/lKvLfi4Mfl4?t=819[/ame]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts