Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I've got a 2007 Suzuki Vinson 500 and love the hell out of it. It's due for an oil change and I have a bunch of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 engine oil sitting around.

I use this stuff in my Harleys. It's a quality synthetic that can be used in the primary and transmission too.

Is it OK to use this in my ATV?

I did a little digging in this forum, and saw where it is recommended to use an oil that has an additive for wet clutches.

If I use this Mobil 1, will that be a problem?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
Is the oil JASO-MA approved on the bottle..? Typical oil viscosity for Suzuki atvs is 10W40. Though I know they sell 20W50 in Suzuki oil as well. Not sure if 20W50 is specifically for use in street bikes etc. Maybe someone else will chime in a offer up further input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got off my lazy butt and actually read what it says on the bottle. It says it's designed for air-cooled engines. I guess I'd better not use it.

I'm having a helluva time finding an oil change kit on Amazon compatible with my LT-A500F.

There's plenty for Kind Quads and others, but nothing about the '07 Vinson 500. I don't want to spend money on a kit and have the oil filter not fit.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in Lakeland. I'm pretty sure every Suzuki take the same filter. The filter for my KingQuad 400 is the same as the one on both my GSXR's and my father in law's S50 boulevard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Lakeland. I'm pretty sure every Suzuki take the same filter. The filter for my KingQuad 400 is the same as the one on both my GSXR's and my father in law's S50 boulevard
Thanks, that's good info. I'm in Madison County by the way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use mobil 1 in the 3 bikes I have its Mobil 1 10W-40 Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Racing T4 which is fine with wet clutches. Also use wix filters but you can find a bunch with a cross reference chart!

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's the same filter for the Vinson and king quad.. I've got 2 06 Vinson's and one 05 king quad
. I use shell rotella t6 5w40 in a my atvs.. 10w40 or 10w50 will be ok where you are ad long as its jaso ma rated

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts