Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lastly I ran the wires away from any moving parts and connected the gauge to the battery. (It has a backlight)

Final product.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have some ten dollar remote probe thermometers that I use for my coolers so I know the temperature. I was thinking about gluing the sensor to the block somewhere. I could see the average running temperature n know when it changes. Wouldn’t take long to get used to. The gauge comes with a stick on tape.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That would certainly be an easier solution for anyone who didn’t want to have to crack the engine open. I know I’ve seen the temperature indicating tape for liquid cooled bikes that may work if you found a smooth place to stick them on and found one with a temp range large enough for an air cooled engine.

Like other folks have already pointed out, our bikes came stock with an overtemp sensor. So if you trust the sensor, and the tiny filament in the bulb, you should get a direct indication when the oil is too hot.

But since I lost the overtemp light function when I installed my cooling fan thermostatic switch, I wanted a direct indicator of engine temperature.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I use one of mine a lot for towing freight n skidding logs for firewood. We have a cabin two miles from the lake we get dropped off at. So a two mile pull. When the world is just right I get to pull a moose back. Have pulled 800 pounds in my Coleman canoe slash freight sled. Love my Suzuki’s.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts