Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a low hour ozark recently.
It does seem to pool oil on the air filter, and pool in the air box. I had an Ozark probably 10 years ago, and don't recall it doing this.

Perhaps a pcv issue? Or is it something more large scale like piston rings?

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
Roll overs, tip overs, and steep hill climbing and descending will cause oil to get into the air box from the crank vent hose. Also if you over fill the oil level the excess oil can/will blow into the air box. Those are a couple suggestions. Is your oil level bang on..? Make sure you check the oil on as “level” surface as possible so you get a accurate reading.

Reactions: Johnny Mac

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roll overs, tip overs, and steep hill climbing and descending will cause oil to get into the air box from the crank vent hose. Also if you over fill the oil level the excess oil can/will blow into the air box. Those are a couple suggestions. Is your oil level bang on..? Make sure you check the oil on as “level” surface as possible so you get a accurate reading.
When I bought it. There was actually oil in the base of the airbox. Checked level, and it was within spec. No visible rollovers. I was suspecting he flipped it vertical or something.

I cleaned all the oil out of the box. And here about a month later, noticed the filter saturated again. No accumulation in box though. Level looked low this time.

No hard riding....honestly just a cruiser quad. No rollovers or big climbs for sure since I have had it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm wondering if a clogged oil filter could lead to excess blowby. I haven't changed the oil yet since buying it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts