Suzuki ATV Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Better watch it over time. The case takes a lot of stress and it could spread the crack. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the tap tapers from the business end for a good inch until it shows full threads it's a taper tap. Plug taps (the intermediate) are not that common. Shorter taper.
Bottoming taps have full threads almost right to the end and look like bolts with the four sides grooved away. You want a taper tap. Grease to catch the chips is a good idea both on the tap and inside the hole.

·
Super Moderator
8,708 Posts
If the tap tapers from the business end for a good inch until it shows full threads it's a taper tap. Plug taps (the intermediate) are not that common. Shorter taper.
Bottoming taps have full threads almost right to the end and look like bolts with the four sides grooved away. You want a taper tap. Grease to catch the chips is a good idea both on the tap and inside the hole.
Please pay close attention to the thread dates before replying to any thread and or post. You just replied to a thread from 2016, (5 Years Old). These types of threads are deemed inactive and push the newer threads down the queue. Not only that, but in almost every instance you will not receive a reply from the OP as they are no longer active within the Forum. I understand your new to the Forum and maybe a little eager. But all this is clearly stated within the Forum Rules which you are required to read and understand upon signing up. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Faced the same issue year ago.nox player for pcjiofi.local.html
I have recently purchased a 2008 KQ 450. It rolled over to 1000 miles so I changed the oil and filter. I noticed as I was taking the plug out it was very tight initially then it felt like it just gave and then it was very easy to turn. When I got ready to put the plug back in it never got tight at all. Almost no resistance screwing it back in. Now it's holding oil buy it has a very slow leak. In 4 days it has leaked maybe a half cup. So I'm really not wanting to tap it out. A guy at work told me to buy a new plug and it should work?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Please pay close attention to the thread dates before replying to any thread and or post. You just replied to a thread from 2016, (5 Years Old). These types of threads are deemed inactive and push the newer threads down the queue. Not only that, but in almost every instance you will not receive a reply from the OP as they are no longer active within the Forum. I understand your new to the Forum and maybe a little eager. But all this is clearly stated within the Forum Rules which you are required to read and understand upon signing up. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But the info is still relevant and helpful and interesting to see the repair process. And it's kind of funny to see an old thread come back from the dead.
Old Thread back.jpg

41 - 45 of 45 Posts