Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to go look at King Quads today but it is pouring down rain. So instead i am looking at aftermarket stuff for them just to get an idea of what is available. And what seems to be available is almost nothing. I know the King Quad was redesigned in 2019 (same year Covid hit) so i am wondering if that is the reason there is nothing out there for the newer King Quads.

When i bought my Vinson Yoshimura sold a performance exhaust for it and i came close to buying one. I thought when i buy a 750 King Quad i would put a Yosimura on it and come to find out Yoshimura don't even make one. I found some cheap FMF pipe but that's it. I seen complete Youshimura exhausts for older King Quads but nothing for the 2019+ models.

Do you think aftermarket support will pick up soon and the King Quad will be supported? I feel like i did when i had my Kawasaki 300 Bayou and no one made anything for it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd bet money the exhaust is the same as previous models... Any reason you want to change out the stock exhaust? It's a stainless muffler of decent quality...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd bet money the exhaust is the same as previous models... Any reason you want to change out the stock exhaust? It's a stainless muffler of decent quality...

I always liked the sound of Yoshimura's and power increase is nice. Friend put one on his Outlander 1000 recently and it provided VERY noticeable power gains. So if i decide to do some power mods i will probably do a programmer and exhaust.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would also be interested in Fox or Elka piggyback shocks. But that might be something you can custom order? Not sure. I just know there is nothing coming up for the 2019+ King Quad when i look for it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would also be interested in Fox or Elka piggyback shocks. But that might be something you can custom order? Not sure. I just know there is nothing coming up for the 2019+ King Quad when i look for it.
I always liked the sound of Yoshimura's and power increase is nice. Friend put one on his Outlander 1000 recently and it provided VERY noticeable power gains. So if i decide to do some power mods i will probably do a programmer and exhaust.
The most common performance mods for the KQ are in the clutching. There are a couple threads about it on this forum. There are also a few threads on shock upgrades, seems like the results are mixed...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The most common performance mods for the KQ are in the clutching. There are a couple threads about it on this forum. There are also a few threads on shock upgrades, seems like the results are mixed...

I have never played with clutching as i have never owned a belt driven atv. I have seen some videos on it but not sure how it all works. I don't want to give up top end speed if top speed stock is 68mph i want it to stay 68mph. Not sure how clutch modding will effect this because i am not going to be running larger tires so i don't need to adjust the clutching for that. If i can somehow improve low end while keeping top end i would do it but seems like there has to be a trade off somewhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a DynoJet power commander for the 2019+ King Quad but why are there no exhausts for this thing?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found a DynoJet power commander for the 2019+ King Quad but why are there no exhausts for this thing?

PreviewPreview3:36HMF Titan QS Exhaust and Fuel Optimizer Unboxing and ...YouTube · ATVonDemandMay 10, 2019

The KQ in the video is a 2019+. Also, I'm almost positive that the exhaust didn't change over the years, so any of the aftermarket ones that are for previous years should fit as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PreviewPreview3:36HMF Titan QS Exhaust and Fuel Optimizer Unboxing and ...YouTube · ATVonDemandMay 10, 2019

The KQ in the video is a 2019+. Also, I'm almost positive that the exhaust didn't change over the years, so any of the aftermarket ones that are for previous years should fit as well.

I have never liked the way HMF pipes sound. Unless Yoshimura or someone else makes a pipe i will just keep the stock one. I tried looking up a phone number to call Yoshimura but they seem to want to be contacted though email. I guess i will email them and ask them if the old exhausts will it it or if they plan on releasing a pipe for the new KQ

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i have been comparing HMF part numbers over the years and they seem the same from 2008-2021 so maybe they are all the same despite the redesigns. I wonder why Yoshimura don't update their fitment charts, i will contact them anyways.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You may consider just buying a more powerful bike rather than getting one that's insufficient for your needs, and trying to modify it. Can-Am makes sweet bikes!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You may consider just buying a more powerful bike rather than getting one that's insufficient for your needs, and trying to modify it. Can-Am makes sweet bikes!

My friend has had a few can-am's but he hasn't kept them long enough to see how they hold up long term. There is a reason i have never owned an American made ATV but it's forbidden to talk about it here but i dont know much about Canadian stuff. Whatever i buy will be Japanese because i keep them for 10+ years and i like Suzuki parts availability. I can still get most parts for my 2007 new from the dealer.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
My friend has had a few can-am's but he hasn't kept them long enough to see how they hold up long term. There is a reason i have never owned a American made ATV but it's forbidden to talk about it here but i dont know much about Canadian stuff.
I’m not quite sure where you heard or read that talking about American or other brands of atvs are forbidden here on this Forum. There’s nowhere within the Forum Rules that states that you can’t talk about them. Only thing that it states is that bashing the Suzuki brand or any other brands of atv will not be tolerated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m not quite sure where you heard or read that talking about American or other brands of atvs are forbidden here on this Forum. There’s nowhere within the Forum Rules that states that you can’t talk about them. Only thing that it states is that bashing the Suzuki brand or any other brands of atv will not be tolerated.

Well if i talked about Polaris it would be nothing but bashing lol. I don't know enough about Can-Am but it's a Canadian ATV built in Mexico and i know what Mexican production has done to the quality of the Toyota Tacoma. So i think i want to steer clear of Can-am. Suzuki has treated me well, there are some things i don't like about the new King Quads but i can deal with them. I have narrowed it down to Yamaha Grizzly or the 750 King Quad and I'm leaning heavily towards the King Quad.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
I personally don’t like Polaris. Only model Polaris I would maybe consider would be a RZR. And the reason you might of experienced some bashing when you talked about Polaris atvs that one time is because the Forum rules didn’t include bashing other brands. It only included no bashing the Suzuki brand. So it might of been after you talked about Polaris atvs that I tweaked the Forum rules to include no bashing Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, Can-Am, Artic Cat, etc. So feel free to talk about whatever brand you want if you should have any questions. And if you should get any negative feedback I’ll be sure to take care of it accordingly.

In my personal opinion Suzuki makes one of the most reliable atvs on the market. It’s the reason when I bought a new atv that I stayed true to the brand. I bought a ‘00 Suzuki KQ 300 new back in ‘99. It’s now got over 14,000+ kilometres on it and still going strong. Only thing that I’ve ever done to it is regular maintenance and repairs to wear and tear items. I’ve never touched the engine or had any work done on it. That was the main reason why I bought another Suzuki. Because my first KQ was so reliable. And so far I’m loving my 750. My next upgrade are tires next spring. After that I’d like to get front and rear bumpers for it.

My buddy has a Can-Am XTP 1000. It’s a nice snappy bike but I find it feels heavy. And his clutch seems to clunk every time you put it into gear and apply some throttle. My other buddy has Artic Cat Mud Pro 1000 with the Suzuki engine in it supposedly. I’ve never driven it but I’m not a huge fan of the body style, etc. Anyway, when you get your 750 take it out for a couple rides to get the feel for it before you decide to throw any major upgrades to it. You might just be surprised. I know I was. Then again, I went from a 300 to a 750. That’s quite a huge leap between models.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I test road a power steering and non power steering King Quad today. I couldn't get it up to top speed on a paved road but i did like the power steering at low speed it helped quite a bit. I decided to go with power steering because i think it would make turning easier. The non power steering King Quad turned harder then my Vinson. I could handle it but the power steering made it so easy i just decided to go with it.

I was going to wait until i found a good deal on one because i have never paid msrp on a new ATV. I usually wait till they clear out the older models to get a good deal. I found a local dealer with the power steering model for $8994 but the out the door price was almost $2000 higher. I understand there is tax and title and delivery fees but i was not expecting it to be that high. I made an offer on it and waiting to hear back tomorrow. If they don't accept it i will just wait and see if Suzuki offers any cash back deals closer to the end of the year or next year. This dealer is overflowing with 750 King Quads though, they probably need to move them pretty bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts