Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a 61 year old grandma,,,,i pick up a 300 suzuki 4x4 and the guy said it needed a carb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi Need help ..i have a 4x4 suzuki 300 and i put 2 new carbs on it and it takes so long for it to start but ribs up great until i try to ride and it is very slow like it running out of gas ,,,,,does anybody have any ideas for me to try???thanks Renee

·
Super Moderator
8,377 Posts
When say you put 2 new carbs on it. What kind of carbs did you install: OEM, Aftermarket, cheap Chinese knock off..? If it’s anything other the OEM, then that is part of your problem. These atvs are real finicky and don’t run right on anything other then OEM carburetors. What is wrong with your original carb..? Unless the body of the carb is cracked or physically broken. There’s no reason it can’t be thoroughly cleaned and and rebuilt with a good quality carb rebuild kit. Shindy carb rebuild kits come highly recommended by most members here on the Forum. And hard cold starts can sometimes be attributed to out of spec valves. Check the valve clearances to see if their still within specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When say you put 2 new carbs on it. What kind of carbs did you install: OEM, Aftermarket, cheap Chinese knock off..? If it’s anything other the OEM, then that is part of your problem. These atvs are real finicky and don’t run right on anything other then OEM carburetors. What is wrong with your original carb..? Unless the body of the carb is cracked or physically broken. There’s no reason it can’t be thoroughly cleaned and and rebuilt with a good quality carb rebuild kit. Shindy carb rebuild kits come highly recommended by most members here on the Forum. And hard cold starts can sometimes be attributed to out of spec valves. Check the valve clearances to see if their still within specs.

The guy that i got it from had put one on and then i brought one off of amazon and its doing the same ,,,,i still have the orignal one ,,where would you recommend i get the rebuild kit from and will also check the valves thanks so much Renee

·
Super Moderator
584 Posts
The guy that i got it from had put one on and then i brought one off of amazon and its doing the same ,,,,i still have the orignal one ,,where would you recommend i get the rebuild kit from and will also check the valves thanks so much Renee
I am sure AJL will recommend a Shindy kit. They seam to work out best. Make sure you either get the carb professionally cleaned, do it yourself, or have a knowledgeable person do it for you. That is essential. I would suggest an ultrasonic cleaning, or long term soaking it. Believe it or not, lemon juice is an excellent agent to soak it in. There are some interesting videos and plenty of information is available if you Google search it.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

·
Super Moderator
8,377 Posts
I had recommend the Shindy carb rebuild kit in my original post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure AJL will recommend a Shindy kit. They seam to work out best. Make sure you either get the carb professionally cleaned, do it yourself, or have a knowledgeable person do it for you. That is essential. I would suggest an ultrasonic cleaning, or long term soaking it. Believe it or not, lemon juice is an excellent agent to soak it in. There are some interesting videos and plenty of information is available if you Google search it.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

ALJ adjusted the valves and started right up from a cold start Thanks for the info i was thinking i had to junk it

·
Super Moderator
8,377 Posts
No problem. Glad I could help out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts