Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Group-

the wife and i used to have a Polaris RZR 800s years ago and got out of it as they were closing the area where we used to ride down. we recently moved to an area where a lot of the people in the neighborhood have atv's / sxs as there are plenty of trails to ride. we picked up a 2020 Honda Rancher 420 4x4....and its been good so far, but we have noticed that if both of us are on it ( we realize that its not meant for two people at the same time ) and a lot of times we are just cruising the neighborhood ( dirt roads ), but when we do hit the soft mud, it does have a hard time power wise....so i just usually walk the trail and let her ride through. anyways......thinking of getting this model below....its used and has some hours, but it does look like it was well taken care of. we could keep the Honda and each of us would have one to ride now.

they are asking $6500.....and we did contact them yesterday about this and the price is negotiable. do you think $5800 is a good offer or should we go lower or pass ? any issues that we should know about ?

we dont ride all the time.....and when we do , we might only go 7-10 miles when we ride. its just something to do to get out
Automotive lighting Reflex camera Auto part Electronic device Gadget

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would never buy a used ATV with snorkels on it. I wouldent buy one with a lift and giant tires on it either. This ATV looks very clean though so the previous owner may have just done the mods for looks but i would never trust it. Besides i would not want a 500cc engine trying to turn tires that large, I wouldent even want tires that large on my 750. I would imagine high range is almost unusable and you will spend all of your time in low range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@KangKwad

i fully understand what you are saying about snorkels and big tires....but where we live and ride, its pretty much a normal upgrade thing done around here....as its better to have this done vs sinking the atv. we sank our first sxs as it wasnt snorkeled and the water really wasnt that deep.....it was just the way Can-am had the air intake on the hood and when it went in nose first, it sucked in all the water and was done.

those tires really arent that big....as most of them around here have 29" or 30" Outlaws and those tires that are on the Suzuki arent really all that aggressive.....they are a step up from stock .

so looking at the atv and the upgrades that were done.....is it a good price or what is a fair offer ?

·
Super Moderator
919 Posts
Hi Group-

the wife and i used to have a Polaris RZR 800s years ago and got out of it as they were closing the area where we used to ride down. we recently moved to an area where a lot of the people in the neighborhood have atv's / sxs as there are plenty of trails to ride. we picked up a 2020 Honda Rancher 420 4x4....and its been good so far, but we have noticed that if both of us are on it ( we realize that its not meant for two people at the same time ) and a lot of times we are just cruising the neighborhood ( dirt roads ), but when we do hit the soft mud, it does have a hard time power wise....so i just usually walk the trail and let her ride through. anyways......thinking of getting this model below....its used and has some hours, but it does look like it was well taken care of. we could keep the Honda and each of us would have one to ride now.

they are asking $6500.....and we did contact them yesterday about this and the price is negotiable. do you think $5800 is a good offer or should we go lower or pass ? any issues that we should know about ?

we dont ride all the time.....and when we do , we might only go 7-10 miles when we ride. its just something to do to get out
View attachment 21620

View attachment 21619

View attachment 21618
Welcome to the forum.

I know you don’t want to hear this, but I agree with Kangkwad I wouldn’t buy a snorkeled machine either. People tend to play submarine commander with them and issues arise as a direct result.

If you are considering riding with a passenger on this machine, the increased rolling diameter of the tires combined with the increased rolling weight they impose will need to be factored into the thought process.

Not knowing what year the machine is, it’s difficult to make a judgement on the value. Just realize that if you buy it for around $6k during these crazy times, it won’t be worth that when the world gets back in check. I believe the used ATV market will see somewhat of a correction. Perhaps not to where it was pre-pandemic, but these numbers we are seeing now for used ATVs and used cars will not last indefinitely.

I know the current market may not leave you a lot of choices, but allow me to put things in perspective. Last year I purchased a 2020 King Quad 750 brand new for about $1500 more than you are considering paying for a used 500 that is modified with items that will detract from its resale value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts