Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Glad I found this forum. I am also new here and I just inherited this 4 wheeler from my dad who passed away. He never rode it and it was just parked in the garage, only 500 miles on it. 2002 King Quad 300.

Anyway, just bought a new carb and put it on this weekend. It's a decent project but worth it because the old carb was so gunked up I didn't think a rebuild was possible. Like an idiot, I didn't take pictures of the carb before I took it off so it was just a bunch of guessing to get the vacuum hoses hooked back up. By some stroke of luck I got the quad to fire up and idle like a champ. Took it down the road and it runs really good through the gears.

Only issue I have is after running it down the road and back, it seems to want to die upon approach/downshifting to a stop. I shut it off for a few minutes then fired it right back up and it idles great. For some reason, it ran a little funny after getting warm so I am wondering if its getting too hot? I am unsure the best way to diagnose this as I haven't ran it much.

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
First off, welcome to the Forum. Secondly you’ll notice that I moved your post that was in someone else’s thread into your own thread. Reason I did this is because asking any atv related questions within someone else’s thread is considered high jacking and can be offensive to some. In the future, please create your own threads for any atv related questions you may have. If you are unsure on how to do this then read this:

And if you haven’t done so already you may want to brush up on the Forum Rules so there’s no further misunderstanding. ✌🏼As for your carb, sounds like your low speed idle circuit might be clogged up.

Reactions: KingQuad3Hundy

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
View attachment 21103

Glad I found this forum. I am also new here and I just inherited this 4 wheeler from my dad who passed away. He never rode it and it was just parked in the garage, only 500 miles on it. 2002 King Quad 300.

Anyway, just bought a new carb and put it on this weekend. It's a decent project but worth it because the old carb was so gunked up I didn't think a rebuild was possible. Like an idiot, I didn't take pictures of the carb before I took it off so it was just a bunch of guessing to get the vacuum hoses hooked back up. By some stroke of luck I got the quad to fire up and idle like a champ. Took it down the road and it runs really good through the gears.

Only issue I have is after running it down the road and back, it seems to want to die upon approach/downshifting to a stop. I shut it off for a few minutes then fired it right back up and it idles great. For some reason, it ran a little funny after getting warm so I am wondering if its getting too hot? I am unsure the best way to diagnose this as I haven't ran it much.
Welcome to the forum. All of what AJL said and this addition..... Is that an OE factory carb you purchased, or an aftermarket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts