Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. My name is Pete and I’m new to ATV world. Two weeks ago I spent the entire weekend on a Suzuki quad up in Maine, and had a blast. Now, I am looking to pick up a 750 king quad. The size seems to be the right one for me as I will be accompanied by my girlfriend most of the time. I hear the king quad is overall the best choice for the money. I am looking to learning a ton from you guys.

I also ride on the streets. My current choice has been Yamaha R1 since 2011. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,057 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peterzuki2020

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Welcome. You can’t go wrong with a King Quad 750. Awesome machine. I have a 2020 and my son has a 2009. We love them and wouldn’t own anything else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. You can’t go wrong with a King Quad 750. Awesome machine. I have a 2020 and my son has a 2009. We love them and wouldn’t own anything else.
I am excited to get it! I am also looking at the grizzly ( will upset some of you here lol)
but Suzuki is cheaper and just as good if not better deal.

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
I am excited to get it! I am also looking at the grizzly ( will upset some of you here lol)
but Suzuki is cheaper and just as good if not better deal.
Are you looking to buy new, or used?
You may want to take a test drive and a hard look at both machines . The Grizzly isn't a bad machine. I have friends that own them. It just isn't a King Quad, lol.

Sometimes it comes down to what feels better. I own a KQ because of the features, benefits, comfort, reliability/dependability/brand reputation, performance , style, and lastly price.

I just got back from two days of riding. One day was 110 miles. If I was sore, beat up and achy, saving a few hundred bucks over the course of several years riding long miles wouldn't help.

I bought my 2020 KQ in the height of the pandemic. Nothing was available locally that I was interested in. I drove from Long Island NY to NH to buy it. That tells you something !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are you looking to buy new, or used?
You may want to take a test drive and a hard look at both machines . The Grizzly isn't a bad machine. I have friends that own them. It just isn't a King Quad, lol.

Sometimes it comes down to what feels better. I own a KQ because of the features, benefits, comfort, reliability/dependability/brand reputation, performance , style, and lastly price.

I just got back from two days of riding. One day was 110 miles. If I was sore, beat up and achy, saving a few hundred bucks over the course of several years riding long miles wouldn't help.

I bought my 2020 KQ in the height of the pandemic. Nothing was available locally that I was interested in. I drove from Long Island NY to NH to buy it. That tells you something !
Thanks for taking the time to write this up.
I had the chance to test drive the KQ and was a blast. The Yama is just the thought I have had for since I’ve loved all my R1s and currently owe the 2016 model year that has been a joy to ride each time I get on it.

I would like it slightly used to save some $$$. I have time to source one as the winter is slowly creeping up in New England.
Once I find it, I will be sure to share it with you all.

I already have saved up a numerous accessory items for both quads in my eBay app lol

·
Super Moderator
407 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write this up.
I had the chance to test drive the QK and was a blast. The Yama is just the thought I have had for a while since I loved all my R1s in the past and owe the 2016 model that has been a joy to ride each time I get one it.

I would like it slightly used to save some $$$. I have time to search for one as the winter is slowly creeping up in New England.
once I find it, I will be sure to share it with you all.

I already have saved up a numerous accessory items for both quads in my eBay app lol
I get the concept of brand loyalty with your R1. Back in the day my answer to that was simple. Chevy makes two Vettes. One is a Corvette and the other is a Chevette. I loose the concept of the brand loyalty on the Chevette.

There is a good dealer up in NH. Called Full Throttle Powersports. I believe they are in Swanzey NH. Their prices are awesome. It was like buying new , at used prices.

They are close enough for you to check out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get the concept of brand loyalty with your R1. Back in the day my answer to that was simple. Chevy makes two Vettes. One is a Corvette and the other is a Chevette. I loose the concept of the brand loyalty on the Chevette.

There is a good dealer up in NH. Called Full Throttle Powersports. I believe they are in Swanzey NH. Their prices are awesome. It was like buying new , at used prices.

They are close enough for you to check out.
I will check them out.
I believe one of the dealer up in NH had a special for 5,9K plus dealer fees about a month ago. I missed the deal then as I was not looking for a quad to buy. Now, they have some units in stock but with higher price tag as the Suzuki pulled the rebates. I will continue looking for a new/used KQ.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts