Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 suzuki quadrunner lt250
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 3 plug stator on my 87' quadrunner lt250. W
hat ohms should I be getting for each connector? Also I get 38 volts from the bottom plug and nothing from the round one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
All those wires should plug into a voltage regulator with the A/C voltage, and there should be a 12V out put from the regulator going back to the battery, I'm going to assume it's the round one, but you will have to test it

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 3 plug stator on my 87' quadrunner lt250. W View attachment 21393 hat ohms should I be getting for each connector? Also I get 38 volts from the bottom plug and nothing from the round one.
I'm gonna take an educated guess that the squarish plug with the three yellow wires is coming from the stator. Check each leg to see if any are grounded. If so the stator will need to be replaced. I don't know the exact voltage but each leg should give in excess of 30 plus volts AC (probably much higher). You regulator/rectifier converts it to DC and regulates it to about 14volts give or take. If you have no voltage on one or any of the legs the stator will need to be replaced. If, hopefully, this all checks out good then it's most likely the regulator/rectifier that's the problem. Anyone disagree please feel free to correct my thoughts. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts