Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just a quick rundown on me. In my younger days when I got out of the Army I rode bikes and I had a Honda 3 wheeler so I'm kind of experienced with motorcycles and such. Now my older brother has a Polaris side by side he just picked up used and he gave me his old Suzuki LT-F230. It was running but he did something to because it won't start anymore. I do know that in the past his ex son in law replaced a fuse somewhere and it started. The front brakes do not work and neither does the back brakes. I have new shoes ordered for the drum now and they are on the way. One back rim is bad and leaks around the bead so I have a new rim coming also.
What I need to know is where is the fuse panel? My brother has no idea except that his ex son in law pulled the front fender off and said he replaced a fuse. As for the brakes etc I got that covered. I do know when it was running it would have to crank a long time to get it to start when it was cold. I'm thinking carburetor? Anyway if someone can give me any information on the fuse panel that would get me started hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Have you checked under the seat for the fuse block..? And hard starts when cold can sometimes be attributed to out of spec valves. Check the valve clearances using feeler gauges through the valve inspection caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillyBlast01
1 - 2 of 2 Posts