Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was wondering if there are any members that own the 2019 Kingquad and was wondering what their thoughts were. 500 or 750.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a 2019 kingquad 750 se a few weeks ago. Its the first Suzuki quad Ive owned and the biggest engine size. So far I really like it. Ive owned several quads mostly in the 450 to 500 cc size. Im 55 years old and not into the mudding thing. I mostly ride my Suzuki locally in the woods a bit and cruise around my neighborhood. Man is the 750 powerfull. It has a somewhat gentle takeoff, but the midrange is awesome. It will accelerate from 25 to 55 mph a a few seconds. The extra power is fun, but truthfully i would probably have been fine with 500. I traded a 2018 Yamaha viking for the Suzuki. The side by side just wasnt fun to me. Ive never ridden any of the big v-twin quads to compare the Suzuki 750 to, but to me its a blast to ride. It all boils down to what your riding style is and how much power you want. The 500 and the 750 are basically the same bike with different engines. Either one should be a great machine. They have a quality look feel and ride. Which ever you choose, get the power steering. Its worth the extra dough.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was first introduced to Suzuki in 2013 when I bought a 2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 Automatic intentionally for my wife to learn to ride on. That didn't work out because even though she will not admit it she's a little scared of it. She had a bad experience years ago on her cousins mini-bike when he said yeah sure you can ride it,but he failed to tell her it had no brakes, and she got hurt.

I was leary at first because I'd never owned a Suzuki before and grew up riding Honda's, but I had done some research and decided to go for it. So far the little Suzuki Eiger has been a good machine. I like Ben don't do the deep mudding or deep water stuff, I trail ride and don't get wild because at 58 years old myself I don't heal as fast as I did in my teens and twenty's.

Recently about 5 months ago I came across a good deal to me on a Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4, for those that don't know TRV means (Two Rider Vehicle) or some like to say 2up. My wife loves riding the ATV but as a passenger for now with me, maybe someday she'll go solo. Also for those that don't know Arctic Cat is somewhat a cousin to Suzuki, Suzuki engines was supplied for Arctic Cats a few years back and the design of my Arctic Cat H1 engine was based off a Suzuki engine design.

One of the problems I see with the Suzuki KingQuad is they do not offer a TRV or 2up ATV. I would probably jump all over that Suzuki 750 if it was offered in a TRV model myself. I like the looks of the new 2019 model and I believe they have made a few upgrades from the videos I watched on it. Personally I don't think you could go wrong coming from a person that grew up riding Honda motorcycles and ATV's I believe they are tough machines.

Tony

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 2019 kingquad 750 se a few weeks ago. Its the first Suzuki quad Ive owned and the biggest engine size. So far I really like it. Ive owned several quads mostly in the 450 to 500 cc size. Im 55 years old and not into the mudding thing. I mostly ride my Suzuki locally in the woods a bit and cruise around my neighborhood. Man is the 750 powerfull. It has a somewhat gentle takeoff, but the midrange is awesome. It will accelerate from 25 to 55 mph a a few seconds. The extra power is fun, but truthfully i would probably have been fine with 500. I traded a 2018 Yamaha viking for the Suzuki. The side by side just wasnt fun to me. Ive never ridden any of the big v-twin quads to compare the Suzuki 750 to, but to me its a blast to ride. It all boils down to what your riding style is and how much power you want. The 500 and the 750 are basically the same bike with different engines. Either one should be a great machine. They have a quality look feel and ride. Which ever you choose, get the power steering. Its worth the extra dough.
Very interesting. Very good review.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was first introduced to Suzuki in 2013 when I bought a 2005 Suzuki Eiger 400 Automatic intentionally for my wife to learn to ride on. That didn't work out because even though she will not admit it she's a little scared of it. She had a bad experience years ago on her cousins mini-bike when he said yeah sure you can ride it,but he failed to tell her it had no brakes, and she got hurt.

I was leary at first because I'd never owned a Suzuki before and grew up riding Honda's, but I had done some research and decided to go for it. So far the little Suzuki Eiger has been a good machine. I like Ben don't do the deep mudding or deep water stuff, I trail ride and don't get wild because at 58 years old myself I don't heal as fast as I did in my teens and twenty's.

Recently about 5 months ago I came across a good deal to me on a Arctic Cat 650 H1 TRV 4x4, for those that don't know TRV means (Two Rider Vehicle) or some like to say 2up. My wife loves riding the ATV but as a passenger for now with me, maybe someday she'll go solo. Also for those that don't know Arctic Cat is somewhat a cousin to Suzuki, Suzuki engines was supplied for Arctic Cats a few years back and the design of my Arctic Cat H1 engine was based off a Suzuki engine design.

One of the problems I see with the Suzuki KingQuad is they do not offer a TRV or 2up ATV. I would probably jump all over that Suzuki 750 if it was offered in a TRV model myself. I like the looks of the new 2019 model and I believe they have made a few upgrades from the videos I watched on it. Personally I don't think you could go wrong coming from a person that grew up riding Honda motorcycles and ATV's I believe they are tough machines.

Tony
TY Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 19 eps camo with 27” Bearclaw HTR’s, overall it's a more refined machine than my 09, smoother, quieter, better suspension, stiffer frame, stronger mounts but now with bushings, it just does everything a little better and feels really dialed in, no popping on decel either. Since the 19's now have 25 gram rollers all you need is the dalton secondary spring and your good, very happy so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update, I installed the dalton orange spring and cant really tell much difference, this tells me the factory spring was changed to match the lighter rollers, I'm starting to think they used the dalton dsk750c kit as the basis for the 2019 clutch changes. Which is a good thing, just not for me since I already installed the dalton maybe unnecessarily.

Also I bumped my preload one notch up from stock on the front shocks and two notches up on the rear, same way I dialed in my 09 and it feels firmer and balanced front to back now, cornering is definitely flatter than the pre 2019 bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One other thing I wanted to add, the bars on the 2019 are taller and more swept back toward the rider, I prefer the old flatter bend but I removed the headlight shroud to get to the clamps and adjusted the bars forward a good 3-4 inches, huge improvement in my opinion, you guys can kind of sit on the bike and move your hands up and forward to see if you would like the feel. You can definitely see the difference in the photo I posted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to the dealer to get couple 500s for the wife and I and I ended up leaving with couple 750. While I'm wanting to keep these new ones for a long time, I'm also thinking the resale desirable factor, if I need to sell for some reason.
Local ranchers and enthusiasts where I live seem to prefer higher displacement machines with power steering. In the past I have sold some 450 Polaris without power steering and many interested people passed those as they wanted bigger motors and power steering. Took a while to sell them..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where did you find the power wire for your winch? The previous KQ models had one at the pod but these 19 models have moved the ignition switch as you know.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the 17 KQ 750 until my 19 750. My brother has a 500 and it has done everything mine does. He is almost 300 pounds of rider too! We ride woods and mud all the time. We dont swamp em just love trails. One thing for sure is that 500 has a MUCH BETTER engine brake than my 17 750. He can go down a steep long hill and I never see his brake light even go on while I am on both ends of my brakes squeezed. Some may not like that feature, but I LOVE it when I ride his. Hey changing brake pads all the time sucks no matter how easy it is. in my opinion a utility ATV needs a strong engine brake.

I wouldnt hesitate one second on a nice KQ 500

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up a 2015 500 with power steering. Lots of power, great engine breaking and very refined. love it

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought a 2019 500 AXi. Got about 10 miles on it. Not liking it without a brush guard of some kind , or bumper on the front i guess. Too early to make a judgement but not liking the price for break in service. People told me to take it to the dealer for the 1st oil change but im not paying 200 for that. Bought the tool to reset the service indicator wrench symbol for 20 bucks to solve that future problem.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yep .I oredered my front bush guard months ago. where I am, the OEM front bumper has been on BO from Suzuki. My dealer confirmed today that it should be here any day now, finally. There are lots of really good front bumpers available that many members on this forum have but I prefer the OEM. As well, you may want to consider changing all your a-arm guards while your at it, they offer very little protection imo.I bought really good after market aluminums for half the cost of OEM. I like the rest of the OEM skids and will wear them down before I would upgrade (same for the OEM tires). For me this initial break in service the dealers recommend is essential from a warranty perspective (mine will be $150 cad). My dealer fully understands that I will do most of my general maintenance shortly after. I must mention that my dealer is excellent, having had these discussion with them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer told me its ok to do the break in service myself, just keep receipts. Im gonna have to look into a brush guard or bumper because i mainly go riding in the woods, not mudding or anything like that

·
Registered
525 Posts
For sure , always keep your receipts when it comes to DIY maintenance while under warranty and keep in mind that this post break in service is more than just an oil change. You should have no problem finding a brush guard, lots of good options out there to choose from. Happy trails !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Zuuk,

Who's your dealer if you don't mind me asking? Choices are pretty slim where I live north of the City.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts