Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried to decode my vin but I’m having a lot of issues with things not lining up as I thought they would. I just bought what I think is a 1992 Suzuki king quad 300 (280?). Some parts point to the quadrunner 250, vin search shows a 250 but it has an oil cooler and a five lug rear wheel. Suzuki’s part finder shows either a lt-4wd (4 lug wheel, 250?) or a Lt-f4wdxs (5 lug ,300?). I called to see if they could check the vin for me and they said I had a 1992 lt-4wds. Can anyone help? Vin: JSAAJ45A1N2101189

also, is there such thing as a 300 quadrunner that year?

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
This is what I got based on the Vin# you provided:

Make: Suzuki
Model: Quadrunner
World Region: Japan
Year: ‘92
Engine: 250.

Your Vin information is saying it’s a ‘92 Quadrunner (250) but what you are describing says otherwise. The Quadrunners (250) have 4 lug rear wheels and no oil cooler. The King Quads (300) have 5 lug rear wheels and a oil cooler. You could check the Vin# yourself. The Vin# should be located on the left rear downtube. It’ll be a small welded tag facing the inner left rear tire. The 5th digit in your Vin you provided which is a J signifies it’s a 250 QR but everything else points to a KQ. The size of the engine should be stamped on the bottom of the jug. Should read something like 230CM3 if it’s a Quadrunner, or 280CM3 it’s a King Quad. Only thing I can think of beyond that is someone possibly used a Quadrunner frame with King Quad parts if that’s even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well what do you know. I got home late today but figure it sill only take two seconds to check the vin. Turns out it’s a totally different vin so now I have to go and check get the right title. It shows as a 1992 king quad 300.

JSAAK42A0N2102139

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
Yes, the 5th digit K would signify its a 300. Make sure the tag is clean and snap a picture of it with your cell phone. That way you can show the license bureau exactly what you have. Hopefully it won’t be to much of a pain to get the proper title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome, will do. Thanks for your help! Not sure why i never double checked the vin on the actual quad. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look at the bottom side of the cylinder and look for the cc size. That will help determine the engine size to further help ID the machine. A 250 will show something like 248cc and a 350 will show something like 348cc. Another reason to check the engine cc is just incase someone swapped engine's or cylinders. You never know what some one has done.
I've taken pictures of the vins and atv's, have them saved in a file on our pc's just incase some one likes them more than we do...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Forgot to mention that my mom in law has a suzuki 230 and we have a suzuki 250. Both atv's are the same color's, same styles, same everything except year's. So looks can be deceiving too. Check all the numbers and record them. Also when you get a service manual on pdf, write theses numbers as a note for future references.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts