Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I need help with my 2004 Suzuki ltz400 the quad is not starting just cranks. So i did a top end rebuilt new gaskets and I put a new wiseco piston in and new spark plug. Fresh new oil and antifreeze. Quad still don’t start just keeps on cranking sounds like it does have compression and I check if it has spark and yes it does but the spark plug was dry not wet. So I cleaned the carburetor and still have the same problem quad won’t start and spark plug still dry. The quad only starts when I push start it but then it dies when I stop giving it gas it doesn’t idle by itself. I don’t know what else to do please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Have you checked to see if the fuel pump is working..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello I need help with my 2004 Suzuki ltz400 the quad is not starting just cranks. So i did a top end rebuilt new gaskets and I put a new wiseco piston in and new spark plug. Fresh new oil and antifreeze. Quad still don’t start just keeps on cranking sounds like it does have compression and I check if it has spark and yes it does but the spark plug was dry not wet. So I cleaned the carburetor and still have the same problem quad won’t start and spark plug still dry. The quad only starts when I push start it but then it dies when I stop giving it gas it doesn’t idle by itself. I don’t know what else to do please help!!!
Have you checked to see if the fuel pump is working..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes I have check the fuel pump and it’s good. Bike don’t start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts