Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Gumout air intake and throttle body cleaner. Remove the air filter. Open the throttle and have a look at the buttery fly. You might see some dirt top or bottom. If you do check your air box to throttle body connection. Spray some cleaner on a q-tip (don't drop the q-tip) and wipe it off. Start the engine bring the rpm's up and give it a momentary spray and stop when it bogs down. Repeat that a few times and your done.

You guy's with Twinn Air filters be careful not to tighten too much or you might pull the air box off the throttle body. There is a line on the throttle body that the air box boot needs to touch.

If you upgrade the fuel injector (you should upgrade to the Yamaha M109R or green Kawasaki
ninja zx10r, They have more holes, both will work with the VDI with the right map) replace the phillips screws with hex head steel screws. The phillips screws can be a pain to get loose and you might need a special small impact tool to keep from buggering them, If you do mess them up you can get a small cold chisel Chraftsman 1/4" 42971 to get them loose) you can use a magnet to find the steel hex head screws when you drop them, same thing for the tps mount screws. Get a Powercraft #2x6" screw driver and carry it in your tool kit to get to the adj. screws on the tps.

Hope these can help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another kawasaki 4903-0011 injector that will work. I got my injectors used with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2019 King Quad 750
139 Posts
I have a Twin Air myself so that is something i need to double check, i never thought about that. It seems like i've read here on the forums that 19 models and up doesnt need the upgraded injector. I have a 19 and am considering this mod but i'm wondering if it really will do any good. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They listened to people that did upgrades from the early years and did go to twelve hole injector as I've heard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts