Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was hoping for help have a 1992 Ltd 250 bought it for are son start fine then after having it for couple days it would only start with pull start and now won't even pull start seems like it's not getting gas spark plug is dry

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Seems like it's not getting spark, or it's not getting spark..? You sound unsure. If you could post up a pic of the plug that would help us in determining what your bike is doing. You need three things for your bike to run. Fuel, air, and spark. You need to find out if your getting all three of these things, First check to see the condition of the air filter. If it's real dirty, wash it, let it dry, then oil it accordingly. Next check to see if your getting fuel. If the plug looks dry then your not getting any fuel.This could be a carburetor issue or a fuel pump issue. And last but not least you need to check to see if your actually getting spark or not. Remove the spark plug and reinsert it into the boot. Now holding the plug from the boot ground the tip of the plug to something metal. Frame or engine block work best. Now get someone to crank the engine using the electric starter or recoil starter, (Pull Rope). What your looking for is solid blue spark whenever the engine is being cranked. If it’s weak or non existent then your issue is most likely that. If that's the case, try swapping out the plug for a new one and try it again. If still nothing, then the issue lays a little deeper. (Note) Make sure you keep the plug grounded at all times. Failure to do so could or will result in a pretty good jolt. Start with those few things and go from there. And don't forget to post a pic of your plug. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help I really appreciated it I got a new carburetor slide and put in it and we was able to pull start it but turn the key on and had no natural light or headlight after we pull start it the lights came on but was very dim do you have any idea's where to start there lol charged the battery it said it was full charge thank you once again.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Do a voltage test at the battery with the engine running using a multimeter. If your voltage is below 13.0 volts then your bike has a undercharging scenario or not one at all. In this case your bike would be running solely off the battery which wouldn’t be enough current for the entire electrical system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will try that I have to get a multi meter so I will let you know thank you for your advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts