Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my brother has an ATF250 quad and it randomly stops. It used to blow a fuse when it was turned hard left (the speed of he turn didn't seem to make any difference). It has now started to blow the same 15Amp fuse when going straight. He would like to know a couple of things - what part of the circuit is the fuse in, what is it protecting and where do the wires go inside the loom? When it originally started to blow the fuse (he didn't know it had blown a fuse until he found it) - it just stopped suddenly. Now that he has found the fiuse he needs to know more about the wiring to try to narrow down the cause of the fuse continually blowing. If anyone has a wiring diagram then that would be great if you could share it. Many thanks in advance.
Peter

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
I’m assuming you meant LTF not ATF..? I’ve never heard of a Suzuki ATF before. Even doing a google search revealed nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoopsy. My mistake I did mean LTF250. I had a horrid thought last night that I had written it wrong and you have confirmed that. Is there a way to change the title. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
Done, I edited the title for you. The LTF 250 is known as Quadrunner. Though there’s also a Quadsport but it’s known as a LTZ 250. The difference doesn’t seem like much, but the LTZ is a speed bike. Whereas the LTF 250 is more of a utility quad. You could also have a LTF 230 Quadrunner.The body style between the two are different. I’m going based on your image. Do a google search for LTF 250, LTZ 250, and LTF 230 “image” to see which looks like your quad the most. Or post up your 17 digit Vin# so I can confirm what you have. Need to know exactly the year/model so I can try and find a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for getting that title sorted.
Graeme tells me it is an 1986 LTF 250.
He is struggling to find the VIN# - can you please direct me to where I should tell him to look.

AK42A-100568 is on the rear frame, but that is all he can find at the moment. He said there may have been a plate on it on the rear right frame support behind the right rear wheel suspension arm, but it isnt there now.

He will send a photo through shortly

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
That is typically where the Vin# is located. Left rear downtube, the steel tag in your image. But I don’t recognize the odd Vin sequence at the beginning of your Vin, let alone it’s not 17 digits long. Anything built after 1981 should have a 17 digit Vin#.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesn't look correct to me either.

I looked on mine and found a serial number on the engine, that did help me figure out... well what I already had. But the engine s/n (or model) should match what quad model is. Just something else you can search by. I found the model on the right (passenger?) side of the quad, on the side.

Not sure if the attachment will be of much help.

My guess, pull the plastic from around the steering. There's a chafed wire someplace. Maybe some rodent had some fun on the wiring, in which case hopefully only a bit of electrical tape is required.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow - thankyou both for your suggestions - I will pass this on to Graeme and see what he finds - he also is anticipating some nasty rascallly rodent damage, but didn't know what the fuse did that keeps blowing. The circuit diagrams are bound to help and the advice. Thanks again - I'll let you know how he gets on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts