Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've bought two quads, both LT50's for my children. They're approximately 1996-2001 models. The two stroke version. I'm stuck, partly because I'm trying to find my way around the bike in the dark (using a head torch) when the kids are in bed and a lack of knowledge.

I have a couple of questions, how do you remove the plastic rear fenders with the seat - is there a clip somewhere?

I would like to do an oil change, this is where I'm confused. I'm not touching the two-stroke tank, this relates to the engine oil. I would have thought is was gear oil that goes in the bike but reading around the web it seems to be 10/40w 4 stroke oil? There is also gear oil in the bike but where does that go.

I'm really needing a bit of help here, what goes where. What type and how much? (I have a Lucas semi-synthetic SAE 10w-40 ATV oil 4 stroke - will this work??)

Many thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi tom,

Did you manage to find out on servicing it?

I’ve just bought a lt50 same model and similar year to you.

I thought that the 2stroke oil provides the oil what it needs, as there isn’t a sump.

Also on getting a light on the front, did you do that mod also?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I've bought two quads, both LT50's for my children. They're approximately 1996-2001 models. The two stroke version. I'm stuck, partly because I'm trying to find my way around the bike in the dark (using a head torch) when the kids are in bed and a lack of knowledge.

I have a couple of questions, how do you remove the plastic rear fenders with the seat - is there a clip somewhere?

I would like to do an oil change, this is where I'm confused. I'm not touching the two-stroke tank, this relates to the engine oil. I would have thought is was gear oil that goes in the bike but reading around the web it seems to be 10/40w 4 stroke oil? There is also gear oil in the bike but where does that go.

I'm really needing a bit of help here, what goes where. What type and how much? (I have a Lucas semi-synthetic SAE 10w-40 ATV oil 4 stroke - will this work??)

Many thanks
If you pull the whole fenders and seat it should come off.

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
If you pull the whole fenders and seat it should come off.
Please try not to reply to threads/posts older then 1 year old as these are deemed inactive and push the newer threads/posts down the queue. Also most people who sign up don’t stick around for to long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts