Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I run several LT50s at events, and especially during the summer the ground cuts up and we are left with a fine cloud of dust - so have to change the air filters regularly during the day. And inevitably we get crap in the carbs so spend much of the day stripping down the carbs. P-I-T-A. As we are in lockdown I am fettling all the kit and looking to solve the issues that we don't normally get a chance to solve. Normally we use our own cut out air filters - but am wondering the following...
Are there any other filters that can be used on the LT50 (bigger boxes etc).
I've heard that there's an oil that can be sprayed on the flters to help with dust - any pointers here?
What's the best solution you have found when it comes to fine dust?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
Hi, I run several LT50s at events, and especially during the summer the ground cuts up and we are left with a fine cloud of dust - so have to change the air filters regularly during the day. And inevitably we get crap in the carbs so spend much of the day stripping down the carbs. P-I-T-A. As we are in lockdown I am fettling all the kit and looking to solve the issues that we don't normally get a chance to solve. Normally we use our own cut out air filters - but am wondering the following...
Are there any other filters that can be used on the LT50 (bigger boxes etc).
I've heard that there's an oil that can be sprayed on the flters to help with dust - any pointers here?
What's the best solution you have found when it comes to fine dust?
Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Uni makes a nice filter. I run them on all my Suzuki’s. Make sure you purchase the correct (Uni) oil and cleaner for the filter. Some guys cheap out and use detergents and solvents that are not appropriate for cleaning and then oil the filter with the wrong product also. It needs to breathe properly to work the way it was designed.

Suzuki LT50 QuadRunner Air Filters | Foam, Paper - POWERSPORTSiD.com

K&N is an option also. Again, use the appropriate cleaners and oil.

You will find them online in plenty of places.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts