Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back feed at the neutral safety switch that keeps melting the wire and switch when the starter is used to roll over the engine. Doesn't do this when the pull cord is used to start the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question?

Where is the neutral safety switch located. I am having a similar problem and have to pull start mine. I have a 1992 Lt F250. Check my recent post please.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Everything was fine, disconnected the battery to install an new fuel pump, now everything is dead....no neutral light, getting no attempt to start...just dead as doornail. The headlight comes on, but that's it, and the new fuel pump comes on.... Did you get yours fixed and what was it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Neutral safety switch is on the pull start side of the motor just to the rear of the motor. Is a small oval cover with wires running into it.

I also have an Ozark that doesnt crank, but minutes before it totally stopped cranking, we had hold the start button (nothing happened) and then wiggle the rear brake up and down to find a sweet spot where it would cause the starter to crank. Is there a brake safety switch on the LTF250? In the past I never had to have it in Neutral or apply the brake to crank it. Let me know if it does have it and where it's located. I checked the starter relay and it tests fine on the bench... thanks for helping!,mud brats tv

·
Super Moderator
7,956 Posts
Gp_rocks, I'm just pointing out that you replied to a post that has been inactive for just under 3 years. So the likelihood of you getting a response is very unlikely. So i ask that you please pay close attention to the date that is stamped in the top left corner of each post. This will tell you when the last time someone posted within a thread. In this case the last post in this thread was on 09-22-2011, 10:59 PM before you posted. I'm saying this because we are trying to keep old inactive posts from resurfacing especially if no one has replied in almost 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting back feed at the neutral safety switch that keeps melting the wire and switch when the starter is used to roll over the engine. Doesn't do this when the pull cord is used to start the engine.
I know this is a old discussion but did you ever get an answer? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts