Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase this quad and there were a lot of issues. I have repaired everything (fuel, brakes, electrical etc) but now I would like to put a winch on it and maybe a plow. Unfortunately I cant seem to find bumper information that matches what I have on here. Apparently the previous owner may have replace the bumper. Hopefully someone notices what type/model of bumper I now have and can lead me in the direction I need.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
That looks like a aftermarket bumper. Or one that somebody fabbed up. That’s definitely not a stock bumper. Hopefully somebody else can help shine some light what type of bumper that is. And welcome to the Forum.

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
I purchase this quad and there were a lot of issues. I have repaired everything (fuel, brakes, electrical etc) but now I would like to put a winch on it and maybe a plow. Unfortunately I cant seem to find bumper information that matches what I have on here. Apparently the previous owner may have replace the bumper. Hopefully someone notices what type/model of bumper I now have and can lead me in the direction I need.
Like AJL said. That looks like something built as a one of a kind.

I am not sure what your comfortable doing on your own and what welding capabilities you have. Your options are to buy a winch plate/mount and install it yourself, or have a fabrication shop do it.

You could start with something like this

ATV/Utility Winch Mounting Plate

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
It is either welding and prefabbing or paying which I think is a lot for this. Does not include the winch. Suzuki King Quad 250 280 300 Atv Snow Plow Kit Snowplow Package LT4wd 1997-2001 | eBay
You are correct. It doesn’t include the winch , or any way to mount the winch. That just includes the plow, push tubes and a way to attach the plow to your machine (belly pan). You still need a winch and a way to mount it.

I had two plows and decided it wasn’t the way to go for me. I didn’t want to put the stress and strain on my machines. I prefer to keep them dedicated for riding . I bought a kick butt monster snow blower and never looked back. It has tank tracks, power steering, heated grips, plenty of gears, great power, height adjustments and good lighting.

Storm Tracker 2890 Snow Blower - 31AH7FP4766 | Troy-Bilt US

I have a paver driveway and the snow blower doesn’t damage it like a plow blade potentially could. I can also toss the snow where I want it and not have to deal with concerns about running out of space subsequent snowfalls. Where I live we can get a foot the entire season, or get blasted with 30” in one storm and 18” a week later. Very unpredictable.

Maybe consider a used snowblower. They can be had at decent prices if you shop them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snow removal is not an issue. I live in a northern state and we get a lot of snow. I was just thinking about taking it up north and killing two birds with one stone. an plow and also hunt/ice fish etc.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
You are correct. It doesn’t include the winch , or any way to mount the winch. That just includes the plow, push tubes and a way to attach the plow to your machine (belly pan). You still need a winch and a way to mount it.

I had two plows and decided it wasn’t the way to go for me. I didn’t want to put the stress and strain on my machines. I prefer to keep them dedicated for riding . I bought a kick butt monster snow blower and never looked back. It has tank tracks, power steering, heated grips, plenty of gears, great power, height adjustments and good lighting.

Storm Tracker 2890 Snow Blower - 31AH7FP4766 | Troy-Bilt US

I have a paver driveway and the snow blower doesn’t damage it like a plow blade potentially could. I can also toss the snow where I want it and not have to deal with concerns about running out of space subsequent snowfalls. Where I live we can get a foot the entire season, or get blasted with 30” in one storm and 18” a week later. Very unpredictable.

Maybe consider a used snowblower. They can be had at decent prices if you shop them.
I checked for that specific snowblower on the Troybilt.ca site to see if it were available in Canada and it isn’t. Though it does look like a pretty sweet snowblower. Love the tracks. And my snowblower we were talking about in one of our convos John has a 13 HP Tecumseh Engine, not a 13 HP Briggs & Stratton engine like I had originally thought. My bad. Either way, she gets the job done.

Reactions: Olstitch

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
Snow removal is not an issue. I live in a northern state and we get a lot of snow. I was just thinking about taking it up north and killing two birds with one stone. an plow and also hunt/ice fish etc.
Wheel Horse, I know those machines well. My family used Wheel Horse machines for decades. They are well built and great pieces of equipment. Most of the ones we had over the years had the Kohler engines. I have one of the more recent machines after Toro took over. It has the Briggs IC motor. Not the same build quality of the earlier units though.

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
I checked for that specific snowblower on the Troybilt.ca site to see if it were available in Canada and it isn’t. Though it does look like a pretty sweet snowblower. Love the tracks. And my snowblower we were talking about in one of our convos John has a 13 HP Tecumseh Engine, not a 13 HP Briggs & Stratton engine like I had originally thought. My bad. Either way, she gets the job done.
Sounds like it’s a beast. 13 HP on a snowblower will definitely get the job done, no matter who makes it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man that's a nice bumper. I like the winch tucked in close to the machine. So it doesn't hit into a steep bank. Looks like you have something to start with. Even if you bought a cheap stock bumper and sold the custom one you would probably come out ahead. Just have to look at it close n use your imagination.
I have a 96 mtd wheel horse. Got it for dragging it home. Put a new gas line on n the 18hp briggs runs great. New rattle can paint job n belts. Beautiful wife has a new mower. Nice one too.
I also have the snow blower n rear tiller. Toro Wheel Horse models good luck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mounting a winch is pretty easy. Even if you can't weld I've seen people find creative ways to bolt them on. Alternatively any weld/fab shop should be able to handle it. Plows are pretty straightforward as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Definitely a homemade fab bumper set up on it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mounting a winch is pretty easy. Even if you can't weld I've seen people find creative ways to bolt them on. Alternatively any weld/fab shop should be able to handle it. Plows are pretty straightforward as well.
I've used u bolts around the frame to mounting plate

·
Registered
289 Posts
When i bought my kingquad it had a winch and plow already installed. The winch is bolted to a plate welded to the front rack. The plow was bolted to the frame with u bolts with the center skid plate removed. Didn't use the plow. So i got a used skid plate. Installed it and sold the plow for $200.

I don't get enough snow to care about a plow. It's sporadic here in the great north wet. Some years barely any snow. Other years like this i get a foot or more. It's already warmed up and rained snow is pretty much gone. Now I've got cold water and lots of mud. Like over a foot of snow and 10 degrees F a week ago. Now just wet high 30's and 40's.
Pics from same window December 30th and then today January 6th.
Sky Cloud Plant Window Snow
Sky Plant Cloud Water Natural landscape

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
I have tons to spare, lol. This pic is from early December. We’ve since had more added to all this white crap.

Sky Snow Natural landscape Road surface Branch

Reactions: Olstitch

·
Super Moderator
968 Posts
My area (Long Island , NY) Just got our first accumulating snowstorm of the season. Official measurements aren’t in yet, but I’m estimating somewhere around 8 inches. Considering they were forecasting 2 to 5 inches. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts