Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 LT-F300 Suzuki King Quad that I have struggled for years with getting key blanks to have cut from the original.
My kids kept losing them.
I went to the Dealership and the ones they got me would not even go into the key hole.
One guy finally told me to try an Arctic Cat A128 key blank which actually worked.
Then the kids lost those as well. (Smack)
Kids are gone and I am trying to make another one as I only have 1 key right now.
I cannot seem to find anywhere that even shows what the key blank is for a Suzuki 2000 King Quad LT-F300.
I see them for 1999 and lower.
Anyone have any ideas on this? How can I figure out? I am almost to the point of just putting a new ignition switch in just so I dont have to screw with finding these key blanks anymore.
I cant even find that A128 anywhere.

Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
The key blank I got from the dealer for my 2000 LT-F300F has key code (A68) imprinted on the back of it. I just got the blank cut at my local hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I've seen sellers on ebay selling Suzuki keys.....they show several different style blanks for you to choose from to match yours to....you might check that....It's been a while since I saw it.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
You maybe be able to find one on eBay. Though I don’t think Walmart will have a A68 key available.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've only got one key for my 2000 Wallmart does not carry the correct key blanks neither does home depot. Already tried both and a few local places.

I've been searching locally for one for a while with no luck.

If you do find a good source let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am glad to hear it is not just me. Thank you for the info. I am going to see if I can find the A68 somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just have to say though that this kingquad ltf300 is built like an army tank and rides like a Cadillac. It was the best investment 19 years ago. I have spent almost no money on it and it keeps chugging. Starting to show its age now.
Rear brakes are the only struggle I have had but who needs breaks!

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
I just have to say though that this kingquad ltf300 is built like an army tank and rides like a Cadillac. It was the best investment 19 years ago. I have spent almost no money on it and it keeps chugging. Starting to show its age now.
Rear brakes are the only struggle I have had but who needs breaks!
I will agree with you. I love my 300 KQ. Tough as nails and is a beast. Only complaint like you say are the rear brakes. They are a atrocious design. Mine never work half the time. I constantly have to rely on my front brakes only. Which stopped working last fall till my brother in law helped me rebuild them a few weeks ago. Beyond that, two sets of rear wheel bearings, a pair of rear axles, one fuel petcock, and two sets of rear brakes since I bought it new back in ‘99. Overall, she’s been a real reliable quad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My brakes work fine. But i rarely use them. I just downshift. Also i'll shift to low or super low on the fly off the throttle. If you put it in super low in first it will crawl down anything. Tires and traction being the limiting factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, you can get a key blank right from Suzuki. The part number for a 2000 LTF300F king quad key blank is:

37146-19B00 Key Blank Type C

On the MotoSport web page it is $6.52 and they have them in stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts