Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ‘03 Vinson won’t go into low gear. I haven’t really needed it, but I plan on snow plowing with it, and I’d like to use low gear. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Is your high/low mechanically operated..? Meaning via a lever..? If so, sometimes adjusting the linkage is all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Low RANGE or Low GEAR...is this a manual transmission machine or auto... if auto follow the advice above..should be good... if its a manual shift then somethings stuck in the gear case..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it’s an automatic. The shifter is on the left side. There’s Low, High, Neutral, and Reverse. I’m hoping it’s as simple as what you described. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s auto. Other than shifting from High, Low, Neutral, Reverse, there’s no “gears” like a motorcycle. I’m going to try unhooking the linkage from the crankcase and see if I can move it by hand. Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
My ‘03 Vinson won’t go into low gear. I haven’t really needed it, but I plan on snow plowing with it, and I’d like to use low gear. Any suggestions?
This is very good advise for yourself,especially if you are snowplowing,hauling a load with a small trailer etc always use low range/low gear. Your CVT belt will like you for that reason.:big-grin

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts