Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Vinson LT F500 and after pulling and cleaning the carb and changing the fluids I max out at like 17 mph. I have tried re-pulled the carb. Put in a new spark plug, Cleaned all fuel lines and checked and adjusted the seating of the float. Still have the same results.
I think it may be the Fuel/Air adjustment screw but I have a hard time reaching and turning it while the carb is hooked up, so I turned it out about 1.5 turns before putting it back in. I tried messing with it a little after I reinstalled the carb but didn't hear much difference in the engine. Is there a specialty screwdriver I can get to help reach in there?
Or do any of you think it's something else?

Thanks for any ideas

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
There is no specific screwdriver available to adjust the carb while it’s in the bike. Everyone has a similar issue with the 250 Quadrunners and 300 King Quads. Carb adjustments are near impossible with the carb in the bike. I think one or two people tried making their own specialty screwdriver, though I can’t recall how that panned out for them. The carb pretty much needs to be pulled every time you have to adjust it. Which is a huge pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
You sure the diaphragm is good, no holes, or if you took off , put back right?

·
Registered
621 Posts
ah ok, thanks for update. just wanted to make sure that’s ruled out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 06 Vinson LT F500 and after pulling and cleaning the carb and changing the fluids I max out at like 17 mph. I have tried re-pulled the carb. Put in a new spark plug, Cleaned all fuel lines and checked and adjusted the seating of the float. Still have the same results.
I think it may be the Fuel/Air adjustment screw but I have a hard time reaching and turning it while the carb is hooked up, so I turned it out about 1.5 turns before putting it back in. I tried messing with it a little after I reinstalled the carb but didn't hear much difference in the engine. Is there a specialty screwdriver I can get to help reach in there?

Thanks for any ideas

Thanks for any ideas
Take it out of low ?. Just kidding...or am I? But really, this is the screw driver I used on my 07 ltf500f fuel screw.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for any ideas
I too have a Suzuki Vinson 500, mine is a 4+4,& 2005 year, to adjust the air /mixture screw, you get a small pocket flat head screwdriver,cut off about a piece as thick as a nickel. Then, get on the left side of ATV,and get down on knee,s, and u can reach it better,and the turns are,2&1/2 turns . Be easy and count the turns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts