Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried working with someone on a used system but he didn’t like the question I was asking and wouldn’t talk to me on the phone. He also didn’t want to Except PayPal goods and services, only as a gift. But to make a long story short, I’m looking for suggestions on which way to go on a exhaust system in tuner. I’m looking for the performance but I want to still be able to use my quad for Hunting. The HMF with optimizer runs about $518 New, I wasn’t sure if there ever were any other brands that people have testing and liked? Thanks again for your time.Thanks again for your time.
684728F7-253C-4E3F-89E3-8FB64CEE90D3.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a Velocity Device Copperhead on my 450 and I really like it. You can order it from the factory with different options based on how you will use it, what exhaust you will use, and what fuel you will run. A big advantage of the VDI over regular optimizers is that the VDI can be programmed to turn off the safeties on your machine. Example....it will take the speed limiter off of reverse, remove the speed limiter when you have the differentials locked, and gives you full power at low speed. The suzuki fuel management system is designed to limit power at low speeds for safety, but with the VDI you can remove this. The VDI comes with two switch positions so you can switch back and forth between different fuels such as 87 or 91 octane, or one with performance exhaust and one without. One more advantage I've read of the VDI is that it eliminates the 750 machines from running hot and the fan frequently kicking on. I've had mine on my little 450 for six months and I really like it. The only complaint you will sometimes hear fo the VDI units make the machine hard to start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts