Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 750 King Quad , I bought it about 10 months ago the tires had about 60 percent life left in them when I bought it . To get to the woods I have to drive about a mile on the roads and in less then 10 months the pavement just worn away my tires . That's the only time I ride on pavement just to get to the woods I can't believe how fast the pavement killed them . So now Iam looking for new tires I want somthing that will hold up . I want a 6 or 8 ply tire . All my riding is done in the woods of N.E Pennsylvania were there's a lot of rocks . I don't want to brake the bank buying the tires but I don't want to go cheap eaither . I have Kenda tires on there now should I stay with that brand ? Any ideas out there .

·
Super Moderator
8,058 Posts
Do you have the original Bear Claws (K299), or the Bear Claw HTR’s..? If you have the originals, take a look at the HTR’s. That’s what I want to get for my 750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the K299 on there now . I like the price for the HTR's . Will they hold up to the pavement I ride a lot and like I said I have to ride on the pavement 1 mile to get to the trails I ride on and then a mile back to get home . How long should a good set of tires last ?

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
I agree with All. I have the Bear Claw HTRs on my KQ750 and love them. I ride NE PA regularly. In fact, we just got home a few hours ago from a trip that took us from Simpson PA to Hancock NY. Dirt roads, ballast and some road runs to get from road to trail.

As far as longevity , I think that is going to depend on the road surface you are driving on. Concrete and asphalt are going to be way more abusive than hard pack dirt, or grass .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John 1960 I know the trail I live right down from it . There's a lot of great places to ride In this area but a lot of riders are abuseing the trails with there garbage making the land owners close the trails . I will never understand why a lot and I mean a lot of riders can bring food and cans and bottles in the woods with them but can't take it out with them it's something that's really drives me nuts .

·
Registered
292 Posts
There's a lot of great places to ride In this area but a lot of riders are abuseing the trails with there garbage making the land owners close the trails . I will never understand why a lot and I mean a lot of riders can bring food and cans and bottles in the woods with them but can't take it out with them it's something that's really drives me nuts .
Sadly I've found the same thing which has resulted in about half of the trails being closed off over the years, on top of the garbage people who couldn't get by a section would often cut fences or needlessly chew up soft areas. The general census here is that its not the locals but all the visitors to the area who are causing the problems. As far as tires go you could check out the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 they seem to wear well on pavement and ride nice, price is also affordable from what I recall.

·
Super Moderator
8,058 Posts
Gotta love those people that throw their garbage wherever. When drive any of my vehicles. The trash stays in it, not out the window. I see trash wherever I ride my quad. It’s sad really. Anything from bottles, cans, to full trash bags. Never understood why people have no respect for our great outdoors. What pissed me off the most though is when people would dump literally like freezes, fridges, couches, tires, and construction material in a sand pit literally 2-3 kilometres away from the local landfill site. Why, cause they were to cheap to pay a stupid little fee to dump it there. It was cleaned up last year and the entrance blocked off with a huge sand hill. Unfortunately when I had checked if out this year while out riding my quad it looks like they managed to squeeze on by the hill. So there is some more dumping going on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
John 1960 I know the trail I live right down from it . There's a lot of great places to ride In this area but a lot of riders are abuseing the trails with there garbage making the land owners close the trails . I will never understand why a lot and I mean a lot of riders can bring food and cans and bottles in the woods with them but can't take it out with them it's something that's really drives me nuts .
You are truly blessed living in that area. It is one of my favorite places to ride. My son and I have ridden NWORC since 2013 and continue with the new ownership this season also.

i don’t get it either. Why do people feel that it is acceptable to trash a trail? Or dump trash anywhere for that matter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
What pissed me off the most though is when people would dump literally like freezes, fridges, couches, tires, and construction material in a sand pit literally 2-3 kilometres away from the local landfill site.
I've been on a trail like that as well which also has a local land fill about 3 kilometers away, like you I honestly don't get it either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts