Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a carburetor for an LT-250. I bought one of the cheap chinese after markets and it sucks. mechanic says I need an original OEM carburetor. Problem is the guy I had put the chinese carb on "lost" the original. Someone Help me please. I'm hoping it isn't going to cost $400 or $500 like I've seen. Where is the best place to get one that isn't going to break the bank. Thanks in advance.

Rick

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Try Power Sports Nation web site. Inventory is always changing. And welcome to the sight.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
I'm looking for a carburetor for an LT-250. I bought one of the cheap chinese after markets and it sucks. mechanic says I need an original OEM carburetor. Problem is the guy I had put the chinese carb on "lost" the original. Someone Help me please. I'm hoping it isn't going to cost $400 or $500 like I've seen. Where is the best place to get one that isn't going to break the bank. Thanks in advance.

Rick
Welcome to the forum. Like TCIII said , try Power Sports Nation. Try EBay also. Whatever you do, don’t settle for a “better “ knock off. They are pretty much all junk. Get the OE carb and rebuild it with a good kit after a complete cleaning.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Rick
I have one that I’d sell for what I paid if you’re interested. The guy said it was for a kq 300 but it’s different then my old one which i ended up rebuilding. Thinking it mite be for the kq250. Paid 200 plus shipping. Definitely original equipment, not one of those garbage knock offs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I just bought a 2000 suzuki lt250 2 wheel drive. atv was in parts. ive got it back together just about. I can figure out where to connect a hose to a port on right side of carb. Here is a pic of it.. Any info? trying to get it wrapped up. thx.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
You should have two vacuum lines hooked up and another line is just a vent line which typically runs up and under the shift panel. It’ll either be hooked up to a “T” fitting, or just strung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I just bought a 2000 suzuki lt250 2 wheel drive. atv was in parts. ive got it back together just about. I can figure out where to connect a hose to a port on right side of carb. Here is a pic of it.. Any info? trying to get it wrapped up. thx. View attachment 20937
You should have two vacuum lines hooked up and another line is just a vent line which typically runs up and under the shift panel. It’ll either be hooked up to a “T” fitting, or just strung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K. Ive got fuel coming out of that port. Is that normal??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts